little red worms

Water bugs, swimming insects and sweat bees.
Foaming bubbly water. Frogs in the pool.
Dead animals in the swimming pool.

little red worms

Postby Guest » Wed 02 Sep, 2009 13:26

YUCKY I found them in the horses water trough - which we pride on keeping very clean - we empty and scrub it out 2 x aweek! soo will they hurt my horses when/.if ingested?

Robyn

little red worms

Postby Robyn » Sun 07 Feb, 2010 12:40

Hi... i recently found those worms in my pool....(a plastic pool, with an inflatable ring...)
-must add that we hadnt cleaned or used the pool for a while...
we caught them and put them in a bucket. i then got a product called blu52 (a chemical to clean pools...fantastic stuff!!!) threw it in the bucket with some water,,, and it killed them all...

still very grossed out, i emptied the pool, scrubbed it out.,.. and then refilled it.. luckily it was a small pool, so water wasnt that big an issue.

blu52... the best stuff ive ever used to clean and maintain my pool... (plastic or real....lol)

hope this info helps... :)

little red worms

Postby Guest » Wed 14 Apr, 2010 17:41

I have these in my pond filter i thought they would hurt my fish but on pet co questions and answers actually told me it was good to have them they eat the dead algae and icky green stuff at the bottom eww!! :sick: but its ok to have them hope this helps!!!!!! :lol: peace out 8)
Troy2013

little red worms

Postby Troy2013 » Wed 02 Jun, 2010 16:54

Thanks everyone for the info me and my dad were cleaning the pool and got kinda freaked out cause we thought they were parasites, but thanks for the help. :wave:
lindseymarissa

little red worms

Postby lindseymarissa » Tue 10 Aug, 2010 17:45

thanks this really helped me out!! i just found alot in my pool as i was cleaning it and really freaked me out.
hjc43
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 12 metre X 3 metre lap pool concrete sprayed

little red worms

Postby hjc43 » Tue 10 Aug, 2010 18:17

I'm not sure I'm on the right track here, but I continually get earthworms in my pool after rain overnight. They seem to be around the valve at the bottom which is there to allow water in if the pool is empty, thus stopping it from moving. The only other possibility is that they come out of an adjacent garden, but I collect around 50 at a time, so that doesn't seem possible. Anyone who's had a similar problem, I'd love to hear from you.
floridapooltech
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar
My Pool: License # CPO34-283076

little red worms

Postby floridapooltech » Wed 11 Aug, 2010 10:30

hjc43 wrote:I'm not sure I'm on the right track here, but I continually get earthworms in my pool after rain overnight. They seem to be around the valve at the bottom which is there to allow water in if the pool is empty, thus stopping it from moving. The only other possibility is that they come out of an adjacent garden, but I collect around 50 at a time, so that doesn't seem possible. Anyone who's had a similar problem, I'd love to hear from you.

Earthworms are usually attracted to lawns that have a layer of dead grass known as thatch (mowing without picking up clippings). You can deter them by cleaning the thatch, watering the grass on a weekly basis, or contacting a fertilization company to spray for them. They can eventually become a bigger problem as they also attract predators which eat them (skunks, raccoons, moles, etc...)

I have them too

Postby Guest » Thu 09 Sep, 2010 18:05

dplmartin wrote:I have these little red worms as well. They appeared after the water started to turn green. I've swam in the pool with no ill effects. I then vacumed the bottom of the pool and used the net to scoop them out. However, I am curious to know what they are or what they grow into.
chester1

little red worms

Postby chester1 » Sat 20 Nov, 2010 17:48

i let my pool turn green? dig it out and fill it with dirt, you do not deserve a pool. fool.
swimfit
Pool Care Proficient
Pool Care Proficient

little red worms

Postby swimfit » Thu 25 Nov, 2010 02:45

These form from the larvae deposited by insects. They mostly thrive in stagnant ponds. They are non hazardous anyway. However you can treat the water to get rid of whtever is left in your swimming pool. Check this out for general guidelines on swimming pool care.
colt.titch

I have them too

Postby colt.titch » Sun 13 Feb, 2011 06:39

dplmartin wrote:I have these little red worms as well. They appeared after the water started to turn green. I've swam in the pool with no ill effects. I then vacumed the bottom of the pool and used the net to scoop them out. However, I am curious to know what they are or what they grow into.

I'm scared of going into my pool with these animals i jump out as soon as i see one please help me!!!
Wallyr41
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: My expertise is having owned a full service retail swimming pool store for more than 25 years,

little red worms

Postby Wallyr41 » Sat 26 Feb, 2011 12:59

There only tiny fly larvae, scoop out what you can with a skimmer net, if pool your water isn't clean then super chlorinate making sure your check the Ph and Alkalinity, place a stocking or fine mesh cover over your skimmer basket to trap those little devils, change the mesh when necessary. You can also use a settling agent to drop them to the bottom, and then vacuum them up. Good luck. 8)
By no means the written law, one must also use common sense,
twistedemotion
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: It's perfect. It's a paradise

little red worms

Postby twistedemotion » Sun 24 Apr, 2011 06:06

Oh that's really scary. Does it exist even if you have chlorine or Bromine in your pool? WHy are they alive?
swimfit
Pool Care Proficient
Pool Care Proficient

little red worms

Postby swimfit » Mon 09 May, 2011 09:35

so many ppl in my personal experience and also on the forums, are seen to complain of this. In many a personally known cases, they occur through the decks when there is seepage through the rocks.
DarwinKanic

Re: little red worms

Postby DarwinKanic » Mon 04 Jul, 2011 16:41

kabriensdad wrote:
pooh85bear wrote:I have little red worms in my pool? What are they and how do I get rid of them?
Thank you poohbear :oops:

We have the same red worm in our pool. What did you find out about them?
kabriensdad

I have the same problem . . . Have done everything, nothing works. What are those nasty things? :problem: :cry:

Return to “General Pool Water Problems”