little red worms

Water bugs, swimming insects and sweat bees.
Foaming bubbly water. Frogs in the pool.
Dead animals in the swimming pool.
colt.titch

I have them too

Postby colt.titch » Sun 13 Feb, 2011 06:39

dplmartin wrote:I have these little red worms as well. They appeared after the water started to turn green. I've swam in the pool with no ill effects. I then vacumed the bottom of the pool and used the net to scoop them out. However, I am curious to know what they are or what they grow into.

I'm scared of going into my pool with these animals i jump out as soon as i see one please help me!!!

Wallyr41
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: My expertise is having owned a full service retail swimming pool store for more than 25 years,

little red worms

Postby Wallyr41 » Sat 26 Feb, 2011 12:59

There only tiny fly larvae, scoop out what you can with a skimmer net, if pool your water isn't clean then super chlorinate making sure your check the Ph and Alkalinity, place a stocking or fine mesh cover over your skimmer basket to trap those little devils, change the mesh when necessary. You can also use a settling agent to drop them to the bottom, and then vacuum them up. Good luck. 8)
By no means the written law, one must also use common sense,
twistedemotion
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: It's perfect. It's a paradise

little red worms

Postby twistedemotion » Sun 24 Apr, 2011 06:06

Oh that's really scary. Does it exist even if you have chlorine or Bromine in your pool? WHy are they alive?
swimfit
Pool Care Proficient
Pool Care Proficient

little red worms

Postby swimfit » Mon 09 May, 2011 09:35

so many ppl in my personal experience and also on the forums, are seen to complain of this. In many a personally known cases, they occur through the decks when there is seepage through the rocks.
DarwinKanic

Re: little red worms

Postby DarwinKanic » Mon 04 Jul, 2011 16:41

kabriensdad wrote:
pooh85bear wrote:I have little red worms in my pool? What are they and how do I get rid of them?
Thank you poohbear :oops:

We have the same red worm in our pool. What did you find out about them?
kabriensdad

I have the same problem . . . Have done everything, nothing works. What are those nasty things? :problem: :cry:
Darwin Kanic

little red worms

Postby Darwin Kanic » Mon 04 Jul, 2011 16:46

Wallyr41 wrote:There only tiny fly larvae, scoop out what you can with a skimmer net, if pool your water isn't clean then super chlorinate making sure your check the Ph and Alkalinity, place a stocking or fine mesh cover over your skimmer basket to trap those little devils, change the mesh when necessary. You can also use a settling agent to drop them to the bottom, and then vacuum them up. Good luck. 8)

You know I vacuumed my entire pool out and those little bastards are back . . . Had cover over entire pool too. Fly larvae huh. Thanks for the info. :D
acl

little red worms

Postby acl » Fri 11 Nov, 2011 19:12

What do they eat :?: :?: :?:
Lily

little red worms

Postby Lily » Tue 20 Mar, 2012 05:16

Hi.I'm a student of IJ. I don't even know what are those floating orangy-red kind of things or creatures in the pool. My classmate said that it is actually a worm and I panicked so I went here to find out what caused all these worms to appear in the pool. Are the worms harmless or not? My classmate already complained about that to the coach. I think that the cleaners who clean swimming pools have to put in a lot of effort. In my conclusion, I think that the swimming pool is not safe for the public to swim especially children and babies like me.
ella

little red worms

Postby ella » Sat 19 May, 2012 06:31

this doesnt have anything to do with pools but i think its the same thing but i was cleaning out my hamsters cage and in the pot there was water in there that had beeb there for about 3 years in my garden and there was a tiny bright red worm wrigerlin on the surface of the water the only thing its close to to suck blood is my rabbit on the same side of the garden but the cage was recently above her :!: plz tell me
ehunter119

little red worms

Postby ehunter119 » Thu 24 May, 2012 12:20

I'm a manager of a Pool Store and we use an algaecide with 49% dimethyl Benzyl Ammonium Chloride and 2 % Methyl Benzyl Ammonium Chloride. That seems to drown them quickly. Hope that helps :D
Shannon

little red worms

Postby Shannon » Sun 27 May, 2012 23:38

I wasn't aware that we had the little red worms in our pool and my kid was swimming in the water. She is bad about opening her mouth and ingesting the water. If she swallowed bloodworms could this hurt her? Can they live inside of a human and multiply? I am freaking out and so far I haven't found any detailed info about what to do if a live bloodworm was swallowed!! HELP!
blondage1972

little red worms in above ground pool

Postby blondage1972 » Sat 16 Jun, 2012 11:43

Same lil red worms and treatment seems to not affect the. Test water for quality levels and is perfect. I do question the statement that they are harmless to humans because I held one in my hand to show friend and it bit me..and pretty good lil sting too...so I'm looking into them a bit further before just assuming they are actually harmless to humans. :) :o
barrel man

little red worms

Postby barrel man » Wed 18 Jul, 2012 23:20

the red worms or larvae along with mosquito larvae and anything else that moves i scoop into my net and then feed them to my fish in my fishtank and i have never seen my fish get so exited and agreesive over the live food
:wtf:
poolfilters
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast
My Pool: Leading Suppliers of swimming pool filter cartridges, pool filters, pool filters and pumps, pool filter cartridges, pool filter suppliers, Hayward replacement cartridge filters, grid filters, spa products.

little red worms

Postby poolfilters » Thu 19 Jul, 2012 01:17

red worms are most likely a sort of larva usually known as “blood worms”. They are harmless and not dangerous but hard to get rid of. They make excellent fish foods.
fatman

little red worms

Postby fatman » Sun 12 Aug, 2012 15:38

i went to a pool store.then i bougt the aqua broom.Then i went home.Then i put on the broom and scooped up a brown thing in the bottom of my pool.Then as i was vacuming it became full so i went to clean it with my hose but then i saw a small red worm!i went on line and i was shocked to hear the name. BLOODWORM!!!!!then i was really scared.but since i swam in it afterwards i felt like i wanted to die .do not go in your pool if you have worms in it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shh:

Return to “General Pool Water Problems”