brown spots on bottom of my pool

Stains on the pool surfaces, pool equipment
or on the swimmers, or off-color swimming pool
water. Discolored but clear pool water.
John75

Postby John75 » Sat 10 Mar, 2012 19:11

Hi bill! Have you read this guide about water filtration at www.indoorpoolguide.com/filtration-systems and and pool water chemicals www.indoorpoolguide.com/water-chemicals

rosalind
Pool Care Proficient
Pool Care Proficient
My Pool: Private pool with 3.7 × 7.3 m

Postby rosalind » Wed 06 Jun, 2012 00:36

craig wrote:Hello to all, and thanks for any help on our problem. We have a 27 ft round 54 inch deep pool that has brownish spots all over the bottom of pool they look like stains, I tried to scrub them off no luck its looks like stains in the liner. I've tried to shock it to ,no luck. I took a water sample to local pool shop and this was the readings free chlorine 4.7 total chlorine 4.7 , stablizer 61 , ph 7.1 , alkalinity 100, ca hardness 150.00 iron 0.2, copper 1.7. I have to say we a nature 2 mineral water purifier that has copper and silver in it . The copper level was real high according to pool rep and she thought it was because ph was to low so she wants me to get ph up to 7.6, shock the pool and see what happens before using a stain removal. also they thought it couldn't be algae under pool liner, they said liner was to thick to bleed through. I live in the pittsburg pa. area, any help on this would be greatly appreciated thanks Craig

Well, I recommend to use a soft sponge and algecide gel. Definitely it will work you will required to lower the ph with acis and hopefully it will clear the finish.
rah3616

Postby rah3616 » Thu 12 Jul, 2012 19:10

Has anyone out there experienced browning on their fiberglass steps? What do you do to get rid of this type of staining?

Return to “Pool Surface Staining & Discolored Pool Water”