Goldline "Aqua-Rite" salt chlorinator problems

SWGs, salt water chlorine generators, chlorinators,
ozone generators, UV systems, . . .
Maddogg

Postby Maddogg » Mon 01 Jul, 2013 20:31

Yeah, but the hard part, is finding the correct part. If you are in the industry you know where to find them. Us little guys don't have a clue other than to do a search online and hope it's the right part. You have to know the correct part name. :evil:

KMac
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 17,000 gallon in ground gunite salt water using T-15 Goldline Aqua Logic salt system

Postby KMac » Wed 03 Jul, 2013 10:10

For those who have the PS-16 board with no diagnostic button, you need to do the following in order to calibrate the salt reading. Push the menu button until the diagnostic section shows on the screen. Then push the > button on right side and then push either the + or - button. The chorination will reset and stop with a countdown # showing when it will restart. As soon as it hits "0" push the > button again and watch the salt reading start high and come down rapidly. As soon as it reaches where you know the salt level reading is from testing with strip or at pool store, push the + button and it will lock that reading in thus calibrating it.

My problem is I have to do those almost daily as I know the salt reading is high (over 4000) as I was getting a false low salt reading with light on to check cell and kept adding salt before having it tested. It is a T-15 GoldlineTurbo cell between 7 and 8 years old with about 17,000 gallons of water. I have cleaned the cell and calibrated and still get the low salt reading after one day and if i don't calibrate it manually it will usually go below 2500 and chlorination will stop. i suspect i need to replace the cell due to the age. All other readings including temperature seem to be in line.
gnuman
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby gnuman » Thu 04 Jul, 2013 15:40

Maddogg wrote:Yeah, but the hard part, is finding the correct part. If you are in the industry you know where to find them. Us little guys don't have a clue other than to do a search online and hope it's the right part. You have to know the correct part name. :evil:
Bigrikfishing

Postby Bigrikfishing » Wed 10 Jul, 2013 11:01

I myself have had nothing but trouble with my salt system! I am going to inline chlorinator and be done with the whole freekin mess. Can you guess how much chlorine i can buy to equal the same amount to repair or replace a salt system? You still have to (or are supposed to) check levels weekly.
PGAtkinson

Postby PGAtkinson » Fri 09 Aug, 2013 18:27

I have an aqua-rite system it has run ok for 6 years. This week when it started up and it would generate for a short time after low flow cleared and then it would stop generating and blink no flow. I shut it down and restarted it then low flow would clear and it would generate for a few minutes and then check salt & inspect cell lights come in. Salt level was mid range as confirmed at pool store. I replaced the flow switch, same symptoms. I replaced the T-15 cell on the advice of the hayward rep on the phone and the same symptoms again! What is wrong? Is the board bad? It is an Aqua Rite and a T-15 chlorinator.
CGPoolman
Swimming Pool Pro
Swimming Pool Pro

Postby CGPoolman » Sat 10 Aug, 2013 06:31

PGAtkinson,

If you have already replaced the cell and the flow switch, most likely it is your board. I deal with a company in Tampa FL that might be able to repair your board, or even give you a good price on a refurbished board. A refurb will be considerably less expensive than buying a new replacement. I've purchased quite a few replacement parts from them over the last 2 years and have been very satisfied with everything I get from them. Most of their guys are pretty knowledgeable as well, they might even be able to help you troubleshoot your system to make sure you get the right parts.

I'm not sure if I can post their info here, so I will PM it to you. Good luck!

-CG

**EDIT**
For some reason I can't PM you, so I will post their information here.

Salt Solutions, Inc.
5402 W. Laurel St. Suite 111
Tampa, FL 33607-1726

Phone: 877-658-7258

Mobile: 813-712-1180

http://www.saltsolutionsinc.com
PGAtkinson

Postby PGAtkinson » Sat 10 Aug, 2013 16:37

You were right, The board is bad. It looks like one of the two relays fried on the board, PN 2416H3, the one closest to the phone jack where you plug in the flow switch, it melted and burned the copper strip that supplies the relay and the board itself underneath the relay , so I doubt the board can be repaired. Thanks; I should have posted sooner before I replaced the T-15 Chlorine Generator.
peterc

Postby peterc » Sun 22 Sep, 2013 15:02

OK guys, there is a great youtube video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7Ng4sOVkns
which shows that hydrochloric acid cannot dissolvethe ruthenium coating on the titanium plates no matter what!
Clerly then its ok to use the acid to clean limescale off the cell and the only reason the cell dies is because the ruthenium is used up during the chlorination process.
In other words if you use the cell a lot or have the Ph too high or turn the percentage up too high, the cell will not last as long as if you are more moderate and careful in its use.
dan chouinard

Postby dan chouinard » Sun 22 Sep, 2013 19:15

[quote="L Neff"]We have a goldine Aqua-Rite and it not lighting up at all.

We check the power to it and it is fine and we also check the fuse and that is fine too.

Do you think we need to replace the board and which one?

Can't call Goldline til Monday.[/quote]
Hautpool

Postby Hautpool » Sat 28 Sep, 2013 00:22

Trisha. White discharge could either be high calcium and/or high phosphate levels.Have your water checked by a pool store.

Postby Guest » Fri 09 May, 2014 08:11

I'm having the same problem with my light not going off. I cleaned the cell and held down the button and still on. The inside of the cell is brown which means I need to soak in acid and water combo. How much of each? I'm also having a hard time reading my numbers. They look faded or as if the background light is off. How do I get it to work right. We have had so much rain here lately and I have no salt left in the pool and just added 14 bags. Pool is 18x36, think that should raise it up but after running it 2 days straight it has only gone from 1300 to 1500, really should be much higher reading with that many bags added. Someone please advise.
rochas6865
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: we have home owner and we have a salt pool
Goldline Control,,,,and we need to know more about to mantaing the pool and good condition for a safe use

Postby rochas6865 » Sat 07 Jun, 2014 14:03

if anyone know when the board its not working,,,,
Dan8

Postby Dan8 » Sat 23 Aug, 2014 10:55

Can you tell us how to replace the sensor?
Dan8

Postby Dan8 » Sat 23 Aug, 2014 11:02

It makes no sense to buy a system that only works when everything is just right. I stopped buying Hayward products.
Dan8

Postby Dan8 » Mon 25 Aug, 2014 15:39

salt
Can you describe how you replaced the sensor ?

Return to “Salt Water Chlorine Generators, Ozone, UV”