Intex Saltwater System NO FLOW error

SWGs, salt water chlorine generators, chlorinators,
ozone generators, UV systems, . . .
texter

Postby texter » Thu 06 Oct, 2011 00:21

Code 90 low flow error. Finally found what the problem was on my 8110. Would turn on system and approx 30 seconds later 90 error code would appear. Traced it to the connection on the flow switch connector. Took some small needle nose pliers and carefully squeezed the female metal connections inside the rubber cord connector on the cable side so they would make a tighter fit. I was able to get the pliers in between the rubber socket and the metal crimp connector to avoid possible damage to the rubber seal. So far so good. Hope this helps someone.

Helpful Brit

Postby Helpful Brit » Fri 07 Oct, 2011 14:04

If it continues to show 90, UPEND THE SALTWATER PUMP- IE TIP IT BACKWARDS - LEAVE UNTIL all air bubbles have gone out of it. THIS WORKED FOR ME after loads of tries - my son told me to do this, he is an engineer, he said gravity was causing the bubbles to run through the lock, causing "90" show. THIS WORKS, TRY IT!!!PASS ON TO ALL, I have sent this message before.
English Nanny

Postby English Nanny » Tue 11 Oct, 2011 06:24

I had problems with system showing 90 flow error etc.
Have now found how to fix it.
TIP the pump unit backwards so the base is face outwards. Gravity then causes the air bubbles to 'miss' the sensor unit.
Once the pump is working OK with no 90 code showing, tip it back up the correct way again so its standing on its base.
I couldn't get my saltwater pump working correctly till I did that - since then I've had NO PROBLEMS at all, the water is kept absolutely crystal clear etc, saves me loads of work.
nikkip

Postby nikkip » Mon 21 May, 2012 22:30

My system kept giving me the code 90 last year too and we had to buy a stronger pump/filter to push the water through. After that it worked great all year. This year it started off giving me the code 90 again, turns out a little plastic tube had come loose from somewhere and was preventing the sensor from being pushed up all the way. I removed it..and it works fine..still not sure what that little white piece of tube was for, or where it came from?
love to swim

Postby love to swim » Wed 23 May, 2012 11:19

I have the same problem - I have done all troubleshooting and still low flow.
Shawn

Postby Shawn » Tue 29 May, 2012 14:00

I'm in the same boat. Ended up replacing the small cartridge filter pump that came with my 4'x18' EasySet with a sand filter pushing 30gpm. The flap goes up when the filter is running as it should, but I am still getting error 90 on the screen after about 10 seconds. Air seems to keep getting into my SWG too. I tip it up to get the trapped air out, but the air comes back. I tried keeping it level, keeping it tipped up to help the bubbles move along, but still nothing. Haven't tried cleaning it yet. It is only about a week old, but I was using it with the old factory pump and some pretty dirty water. I'm hoping cleaning it works because I'm about ready to flip out!
Catnipper

Postby Catnipper » Thu 31 May, 2012 13:59

Same thing happened to me and I had the cylinder reversed. Check your arrows!
bdcs64
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby bdcs64 » Fri 08 Jun, 2012 14:57

texter wrote:Code 90 low flow error. Finally found what the problem was on my 8110. Would turn on system and approx 30 seconds later 90 error code would appear. Traced it to the connection on the flow switch connector. Took some small needle nose pliers and carefully squeezed the female metal connections inside the rubber cord connector on the cable side so they would make a tighter fit. I was able to get the pliers in between the rubber socket and the metal crimp connector to avoid possible damage to the rubber seal. So far so good. Hope this helps someone.

Would you be able to send a photo of what you did?

Thanks!
hilltop

Postby hilltop » Sun 10 Jun, 2012 00:17

nospel wrote:well my sensor is magnetic and put a extra magnet in and glued it. no way to wire it or tie it that i saw.

still get same issue. turn it on for 60 sec then throws a error code of low flow. any one figured out how to by pass the sensor or another solution ?

i have the water flowing in the correct direction.

Hello, I wedged a broken off piece of a wooden matchstick into the sensor hinge and it has works for months Best, bill
hilltop

Postby hilltop » Sun 10 Jun, 2012 00:23

hilltop wrote:
nospel wrote:well my sensor is magnetic and put a extra magnet in and glued it. no way to wire it or tie it that i saw.

still get same issue. turn it on for 60 sec then throws a error code of low flow. any one figured out how to by pass the sensor or another solution ?

i have the water flowing in the correct direction.

Hello, I wedged a broken off piece of a wooden matchstick into the sensor hinge keeping it open all the time and it has works for months Best, bill
poncho

Postby poncho » Mon 11 Jun, 2012 19:44

I had the same problem. I opened the flow sensor, unplugged the black bottom piece from the top (the piece that the wire goes into) plugged and unplugged it few times to reseat the connection and it works fine now.
kymomma1

Postby kymomma1 » Wed 20 Jun, 2012 14:17

thanks for all the good tips. I loved the matchstick suggestion. I actually used a toothpick and wedged the edge in super tight to keep plastic flow gauge open. Worked like a dream! Thanks all you smart people, it's 90 and we need to get in the pool!!!
citygalpam

Postby citygalpam » Tue 26 Jun, 2012 21:08

This sounds crazy, but make sure you have the system hooked up to the correct pipes. We actually had the system connected backwards, which made the water flow go against the sensor. So...look at the manual to make sure the water valves are hooked up right.
Dyoungsox

Postby Dyoungsox » Fri 06 Jul, 2012 14:41

I did a couple things from above and still nothing but I finally unhooked the pool filter from the screen where it hooked up to side of the pool and found that the screen inside the hookup was clogged with grass. I cleaned it out and let the pump continue to run for a couple of minutes and the low flow light and beeping stopped. Then i screwed the filter back on and it's been good to go. Hope this helped somebody. On another note I noticed people talking about tilting the pump to let the air out. If you have an intex pump there should be a release valve on top and on the side of the pump that releases air in the pump
Dyoungsox

Postby Dyoungsox » Fri 06 Jul, 2012 14:44

citygalpam wrote:This sounds crazy, but make sure you have the system hooked up to the correct pipes. We actually had the system connected backwards, which made the water flow go against the sensor. So...look at the manual to make sure the water valves are hooked up right.

There are arrows on the sensor hookup and on the filter itself. The flap on the flow sensor has to facing towards the filter so that the water will push it closed which engages the filter.

Return to “Salt Water Chlorine Generators, Ozone, UV”