Intex Saltwater System NO FLOW error

SWGs, salt water chlorine generators, chlorinators,
ozone generators, UV systems, . . .
poncho

Postby poncho » Mon 11 Jun, 2012 19:44

I had the same problem. I opened the flow sensor, unplugged the black bottom piece from the top (the piece that the wire goes into) plugged and unplugged it few times to reseat the connection and it works fine now.

kymomma1

Postby kymomma1 » Wed 20 Jun, 2012 14:17

thanks for all the good tips. I loved the matchstick suggestion. I actually used a toothpick and wedged the edge in super tight to keep plastic flow gauge open. Worked like a dream! Thanks all you smart people, it's 90 and we need to get in the pool!!!
citygalpam

Postby citygalpam » Tue 26 Jun, 2012 21:08

This sounds crazy, but make sure you have the system hooked up to the correct pipes. We actually had the system connected backwards, which made the water flow go against the sensor. So...look at the manual to make sure the water valves are hooked up right.
Dyoungsox

Postby Dyoungsox » Fri 06 Jul, 2012 14:41

I did a couple things from above and still nothing but I finally unhooked the pool filter from the screen where it hooked up to side of the pool and found that the screen inside the hookup was clogged with grass. I cleaned it out and let the pump continue to run for a couple of minutes and the low flow light and beeping stopped. Then i screwed the filter back on and it's been good to go. Hope this helped somebody. On another note I noticed people talking about tilting the pump to let the air out. If you have an intex pump there should be a release valve on top and on the side of the pump that releases air in the pump
Dyoungsox

Postby Dyoungsox » Fri 06 Jul, 2012 14:44

citygalpam wrote:This sounds crazy, but make sure you have the system hooked up to the correct pipes. We actually had the system connected backwards, which made the water flow go against the sensor. So...look at the manual to make sure the water valves are hooked up right.

There are arrows on the sensor hookup and on the filter itself. The flap on the flow sensor has to facing towards the filter so that the water will push it closed which engages the filter.
sheshe

Postby sheshe » Wed 11 Jul, 2012 06:25

kymomma1 wrote:thanks for all the good tips. I loved the matchstick suggestion. I actually used a toothpick and wedged the edge in super tight to keep plastic flow gauge open. Worked like a dream! Thanks all you smart people, it's 90 and we need to get in the pool!!!

Ive been really frustrated with this saltwater system and trying to get rid of this error 90 for low flow. Went through and thoroughly read the book and did all troubleshooting steps, went through many forums and suggestions, cleaned every tiny piece on this thing and then stumbled upon the suggestion of using toothpick. At first it seemed to work perfect, until we all got in to swim for a few hours. After swimming went back over to my saltwater system and noticed there was no flow but the saltwater system was still running. Turned it off so it didnt burn the motor off and decided to dig the toothpick out, again the 90 low flow error. Put the toothpick back in and realized that with the flow sensor stuck to open, it will not shut down the saltwater system when the pool pump is off like it should. Also not sure if swimming made the flow go from 10 to zilch. So my suggestion is to make sure if turning pump off, turn off saltwater generator first then pump and to also turn off when swimming. So the toothpick has fixed the issue and now my question is........with the flow sensor stuck to open, will it still work as it should and produce the chlorine to keep my pool nice and clean? Ive had a rust issue and my local pool place told me that it would take maybe 3-4 weeks to filter out all the rust, as of yesterday you could finally see the bottom of the pool, however ive had the pool pump and saltwater generator running all night on boost and woke up and you can now barely see the bottom of the pool again. So just wondering if flow sensor is stuck to the open position with the toothpick, will my saltwater generator continue to produce chlorine and is my pump still filtering water? This pool has been nothing but a nightmare for me!
Gufunk

Postby Gufunk » Mon 30 Jul, 2012 18:17

So i also have the low flow issue here is what i have done:
Use toothpicks to keep the flow tab open
purged all air from the system
Tightened all connections and checked to make sure flow is right
Used plies to crimp the two prong connection to make sure it is tight
Turned the pump and the system every which way to make sure all air was gone can not see any bubbles

All of this and still the code 90.
As soon as the system turns on the chlorinator (i guess that is what its called the long metal thing in the middle) it starts to make a million tiny bubble. I guess this is what is causes the problem...right?
Any more suggetions please. My 3 year old wants to swim.
Thanks
c333horne

Postby c333horne » Sat 11 Aug, 2012 09:11

nikkip wrote:My system kept giving me the code 90 last year too and we had to buy a stronger pump/filter to push the water through. After that it worked great all year. This year it started off giving me the code 90 again, turns out a little plastic tube had come loose from somewhere and was preventing the sensor from being pushed up all the way. I removed it..and it works fine..still not sure what that little white piece of tube was for, or where it came from?

Was having this same problem when I first tried the unit this morning. I had the flow tube reversed and the intake adapter actually came loose from the pump, gushing out water. Then I noticed a white round plastic thing pushing against the sensor. I think it actually belongs to the adapter fitting that screws onto your pump. That's why mine came right off when that disengaged. I turned the flow tube around and that got rid of the error. I pushed the adapter and hose flush against the pool outer wall to keep it in place until I put the white plastic tube back on. Will wait for it to finish a cycle first since I was at it for several hours before getting rid of the NO FLOW error and want to at least get one done before messing with it again. Pool water looks clear!
woolvett

Postby woolvett » Mon 27 Aug, 2012 07:20

I removed my filter and replaced it with a smaller one for now. It worked. Will have to figure out why. The larger filter was brand new.
Ceebee

Postby Ceebee » Sat 06 Apr, 2013 14:40

The "Low Flow" issue happened when we got our saltwater pump. The trick that stopped it from coding was to lift the unit (while both filtration and salt pumps are running) on the left side to an incline. You should actually be able to see the air bubble. Hold it at an incline until the there's no air bubble any longer.
TLeighKY

Postby TLeighKY » Wed 12 Jun, 2013 02:33

texter wrote:Code 90 low flow error. Finally found what the problem was on my 8110. Would turn on system and approx 30 seconds later 90 error code would appear. Traced it to the connection on the flow switch connector. Took some small needle nose pliers and carefully squeezed the female metal connections inside the rubber cord connector on the cable side so they would make a tighter fit. I was able to get the pliers in between the rubber socket and the metal crimp connector to avoid possible damage to the rubber seal. So far so good. Hope this helps someone.

That was the problem on my CS 15110 sand filter. I did the same thing and error code 90 disappeared!
ron mc

Postby ron mc » Mon 08 Jul, 2013 12:39

just wrapped it a buch of times with sewing thread! no more beeping
RoxyReid

Postby RoxyReid » Sat 13 Jul, 2013 22:20

Hi there,
We have a big problem with our intex krystal clear chlorinator. It has suddenly stopped working and we don't know why. Frustrating! No lights, no nothing. Not sure why! We have cleaned it and checked everything but to no avail. Don't understand what is happening at all!
thanks123

Postby thanks123 » Sun 14 Jul, 2013 17:08

I tried wiring the sensor up and it really does work. Just make sure that you physically check the water return in the pool to ensure you have good water pressure everyday.
SLP

Postby SLP » Tue 16 Jul, 2013 11:16

Turn you salt pump in the opposite direction. The water is supposed to flow one direction only. Display reading should face outward opposite the pool.

Return to “Salt Water Chlorine Generators, Ozone, UV”