Swimming Insects

What is floc, clarifier, stabilizer, cyanuric acid,
algaecide, brightener, dichlor, sodium hypo,
sodium bisulfate, ....??
Dirt Addict

Swimming insects and pool bugs

Postby Dirt Addict » Thu 31 Aug, 2006 12:23

.....So I got home last night. I took a bucket and filled it with water. I then added a squirt of dish soap on top of the water. I got my snorkle mask and went backswimmer hunting. I netted a total of 8 bugs one at a time. I flipped them into the bucket. By them time I got back with another bug the last one had already died from the soap. There were three large ones (1/2 in approx) and the rest were small babies about 1/4' insize. Wow thatw as easy!.

.....My sacntuary that was invaded by these annoying intruders was now a safe environment for my kids. I then added the algecide chemical and covered the pool with the new cover that was still in the box.

.....I will keep you guys posted if I get any more invasions.

Peace, DA.

Postby Guest » Tue 05 Sep, 2006 16:35

It is now the 5th of Sept.
Still no more water bugs.

Postby Guest » Tue 12 Sep, 2006 18:06

Sept 12th. Found a dead water bug on top of my solar cover. LOL.
Still bug free in the water.
Jeni

Water Spiders

Postby Jeni » Mon 25 Jun, 2007 21:10

Hello everyone i need some help i am 14 years old and i am posting a post because i just killed 22 hemiptera bugs in my pool today and there are still more in there i dont know how to get them out they are like water spiders does anyone know how to kill and keep them out of the pool they are annoying me well if anyone knows please write back
thank you alot
Jeni
Backglass
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Re: Water Spiders

Postby Backglass » Tue 26 Jun, 2007 09:06

Jeni wrote:Hello everyone i need some help i am 14 years old and i am posting a post because i just killed 22 hemiptera bugs in my pool today and there are still more in there i dont know how to get them out they are like water spiders does anyone know how to kill and keep them out of the pool they are annoying me well if anyone knows please write back
thank you alot
Jeni

Hi Jeni,

If your pool is properly sanitized, bugs wont stay as there is nothing there for them to eat (algae, etc). Do you have a test kit? Read the instructions and check your sanitizer level (chlorine, etc). You should shock regardless.
Theresa

backswimmers

Postby Theresa » Tue 10 Jul, 2007 09:39

[i]We have one or two little black bugs . They swim under water. If we're lucky enough to catch one it flies away!! I called 1800257WATER and they said to get a product called BUG OUT.. I tried my local store and one other but they are in the process of ordering it. I will let this web site know how well it works when I try it. I don't even have a large problem but we freak out when we see ONE in the water. We live in South Jersey. We just swithched over a month ago to Pristine Blue. [/i]
Backglass
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby Backglass » Tue 10 Jul, 2007 20:46

Bugs don't live in a properly sanitized pool. Chlorine is the chemical you need.
jfurlong1968

water bugs

Postby jfurlong1968 » Wed 11 Jul, 2007 17:15

I have an above ground pool in central florida. I've had it for 1 year and I just recently saw what looked like a black large june bug swimming in the pool. I got in to skim it out and while I was looking for it, it swam behind me, climbed up my back and bite me! It felt like a bee sting. this is the first time I see this and I have no idea what it is called. Any ideas?
Backglass
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Re: water bugs

Postby Backglass » Thu 12 Jul, 2007 20:35

jfurlong1968 wrote:
I have an above ground pool in central florida. I've had it for 1 year and I just recently saw what looked like a black large june bug swimming in the pool. I got in to skim it out and while I was looking for it, it swam behind me, climbed up my back and bite me! It felt like a bee sting. this is the first time I see this and I have no idea what it is called. Any ideas?

If you really want to know what it is, take a picture and take it (or the bug) to your local Agriculture Extension office.
Philly Mike

help on tad pole looking bugs in my pool

Postby Philly Mike » Sat 28 Jul, 2007 16:18

:evil:
Backglass
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Re: help on tad pole looking bugs in my pool

Postby Backglass » Mon 30 Jul, 2007 08:28

Philly Mike wrote::evil:

:twisted:
===============================
I'm no expert...just a long time pool owner. The real experts are at www . troublefreepool . com

Download Bleachcalc free at troublefreepool . com /files/BleachCalc262.exe and start saving money on chemicals.
helpmeiwant2swim

Re: Swimming Insects

Postby helpmeiwant2swim » Sun 26 Aug, 2007 10:17

CAROL WROTE :
Carol wrote:I live in Central Florida and have just recently put up an above ground 18' x 48" pool. Since filling it I have noticed swimming insects in the pool. They look to be about 3/4" long, yellow with single wings on either side of their body and swim very fast. I've tried netting them and they sort of hop out of the net back into the pool. My main concern is whether or not they bite/sting. Help!

I think i have the same i have really little tiny ones in my pool and this great big one from what i have read i think they do bite and im wanting to go in the pool badly so can someone help me ! xxx
pool wizard

Re: Swimming bugs

Postby pool wizard » Sat 27 Oct, 2007 22:47

they are actually good for the pool because they EAT all of the alge
Pool Man

Postby Pool Man » Fri 02 Nov, 2007 19:58

They are attracted to your pool water because your water is not balanced correctly. If your water is not balanced, you will have algae in your pool. (Even though you can't see the algae, they are microscopic.) These bugs, (backswimmers, etc) feed on algae or the other bugs in your pool that are feeding on algae. Up your chlorine levels with bleach and throw some borax in there. Use the BBB method and you will have no troubles.

Don't know what BBB is?

Go to troublefreepool(dot)com
christo

backswimmers

Postby christo » Tue 12 Feb, 2008 05:06

Hi there i have used a product called (NO MORE BUGS) it is a lo clor product and it kills the little buggers but after a wile they do come back. But it dose work!! :D

Return to “Pool Chemical Problems & Swimming Pool Chemicals”