pool bugs

What is floc, clarifier, stabilizer, cyanuric acid,
algaecide, brightener, dichlor, sodium hypo,
sodium bisulfate, ....??
Ann C

pool bugs

Postby Ann C » Thu 23 Jun, 2011 09:59

Has anyone found a solution to the tiny, tiny, little black bugs that collect on top of the water (in groups) that occur after a rain? They also have a terrible odor when you skim them from the pool. I've only had the pool for two months and it seems they showed up after putting Zoysia sod about four feet from the pool.
Any help would be appreciated! It's driving me crazy and it takes the skimmer all day to clean them out.

Kara

pool bugs

Postby Kara » Thu 07 Jul, 2011 12:11

I just took my baby out of our little baby pool because I noticed tiny black things clumped together on her toys. I empty and clean the pool every other day, but I also noticed those little yellowish bugs swimming above and under the water (I assume the black things are the eggs?). Our pool is away from grass on our deck, so I guess they fly up there like someone else said. I took her out because one did bite me and I didn't want them getting to her. Anyway, I am going to try the suggestion of Dawn.

pool bugs

Postby guest » Tue 09 Aug, 2011 14:34

You can kill them with a spray bottle of skin-so-soft oil and water mixter spray all around the sides of the pool and put son directly on the water. It makes the pool smell good and doesn't hurt anyone or anything! Oh and your skin is so soft after swimming!
I knocked em down in an hour and killed them completely off in a couple days!

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_do_you_ge ... z1UYtr81NB
norco ca pool

pool bugs

Postby norco ca pool » Tue 08 Nov, 2011 11:53

I have noticed the same bugs in my pool after installing new sod recently. I also notice these tiny bugs jumping/ flying around the air in the areas where the grass was installed. Has anyone been able to confirm the identity of these microbugs, also has anyone had any luck treating the lawn with insecticides to kill them?
skylink

pool bugs

Postby skylink » Mon 21 May, 2012 19:47

My neighbors just got a new plastic pool, a large one. It's made in China. Could they be somehow coming with the pools..?
Thank You,
Lyle
andrrewdamien
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast

pool bugs

Postby andrrewdamien » Fri 25 May, 2012 11:50

norco ca pool wrote:I have noticed the same bugs in my pool after installing new sod recently. I also notice these tiny bugs jumping/ flying around the air in the areas where the grass was installed. Has anyone been able to confirm the identity of these microbugs, also has anyone had any luck treating the lawn with insecticides to kill them?

Bugs in pool water generally appear because of inadequate share servicing. However, don't let that get you down. If you want a quicker solution, there are substances designed specifically to destroy bugs in pool water.
paint marker
jmk
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: We have a 17 x 34 fiberglass pool. It holds about 20,000 gallons of water. We have a Hayward pump and filter, and a Polaris cleaner

pool bugs

Postby jmk » Fri 13 Jul, 2012 17:46

I just came in from checking our pool. After I dumped the skimmer basket, I noticed little things floating on the water. They are actually tiny bugs, about the size of a pin head, but not circular, more oval shaped. They look brownish tan...not brown. They are all over my pool. I scooped some out in a cup. They swim, climb, and jump. Does anyone know what they are and where they came from? Is it dangerous to swim in the water? My husband mowed the lawn last night and this morning we had a rain shower. Thank you
ps....salt water pool, but currently not enough salt but lots of chlorine!
pool bug be gone

pool bugs

Postby pool bug be gone » Mon 08 Jul, 2013 11:56

try pool bug be gone.it works
pool bug be gone

pool bugs

Postby pool bug be gone » Mon 08 Jul, 2013 12:00

jmk wrote:I just came in from checking our pool. After I dumped the skimmer basket, I noticed little things floating on the water. They are actually tiny bugs, about the size of a pin head, but not circular, more oval shaped. They look brownish tan...not brown. They are all over my pool. I scooped some out in a cup. They swim, climb, and jump. Does anyone know what they are and where they came from? Is it dangerous to swim in the water? My husband mowed the lawn last night and this morning we had a rain shower. Thank you
ps....salt water pool, but currently not enough salt but lots of chlorine!

Try pool bug be gone,it works
Craig

pool bugs

Postby Craig » Sun 05 Jan, 2014 14:27

I have had a salt pool for 7 years and just within the last 2 months I have had these little black critters. At first I thought they were grease ants coming from under the concrete deck but then I noticed they have little tiny wings. I skimmer basket has a sock so each morning I wash hundreds of them out.

Does anyone else have this description?
pooltech758
I'm new here
I'm new here

pool bugs

Postby pooltech758 » Thu 03 Apr, 2014 21:18

Small insects as well as pollen are common this time of year. The good news is the seasons are short. While they are here there are a few things that you can do about them.
First thing is to make sure that the water level is to the proper level to allow the skimmer to remove surface debris.
---A good rule of thumb is about one inch from the top of the skimmer opening to one inch above the bottom of the skimmer.
---Also regular brushing of the tile followed by skimming with a fine filter pool net.
---Adjust the jets to promote surface agitation and circulation towards the skimmer.
---Regular filter cleaning, about once every other week or every week if you desire.

Hope this helps
Joshua
"Quality Pool Service Pure and Simple" That is our motto and just a phone call away.
Joshua Hildebrand
Owner/Operator
Pure and Simple Poolcare
http://pureandsimplepoolcare.com
Tucker

pool bugs

Postby Tucker » Sat 12 Jul, 2014 13:54

We have those also in the pool, but did not have them in the water until I sprayed down the lanai with the water hose. They were clusters of them on the top of the lanai. We also had them clustered up on the inside rubber seal of our car. How did they get in there?
Estergren

pool bugs

Postby Estergren » Wed 13 Aug, 2014 07:54

I am beside myself I just spent thousands of dollars on my new inground pool and now we have these bugs same as stated here little black flea looking things I have tried it all liquid chlorine ,algaecide, dawn soap, shocking the pool ! I also had a pest guy come out he said he could only treat the grass . Oh these also did not start until after I got sod put down. I'm at my wits end! Someone please help! After reading online it looks like these things don't stop breeding in the winter they just slow down... When I close my pool and cover it are they just gonna multiply the whole winter??? Anyone know how to kill these???????
Blackred
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Concrete, underconstruction

Re: pool bugs

Postby Blackred » Mon 12 Dec, 2016 22:32

I have black teeny tiny type things clumped together and seperatly on the top of my poo. Now they have disappeared after 4 hours of the filter running. Took some in a container to my pool people and they don't know what they are. Just don't want to put my kids in pool if they are something to be super concerned about!
kennyshin
I'm new here
I'm new here

Re: pool bugs

Postby kennyshin » Sun 28 Jan, 2018 09:43

I have the same issue and finally worked out that ever since I got new grass/turf laid out and also a small garden bed with those mulch that you wet so it expands that this is probably why I have all these springtails. I realised that they will just keep jumping into the pool from the sources where there is decay and dampness. I googled on how to remove spring tails and they talk about a cedar oil spray which I can't get in Australia but I can get cedar oil grains which is a natural a way to kill springtails and other insects from what I read. I got dogs and a newborn so don't want any harmful insectides sprayed. Fingers cross this fixes up the issue but for anyone who is reading, don't bother treating just the pool. you can shock it or spray soapy water but they will come back everyday. I noticed in the day time they not out much but come night (grab a spot light) you will see these critters jumping around having a party and half of them probably fall in the pool cause they having such a good time haha.

At least I know the sources and I think that is important if you want to clean up your pool. just be thankful you dont have these critters inside your house, i read some hectic stories where they get into the house, on the bed, in the sink, bathtub. damn!

If anyone finds any other good solutions would love to hear them, until then I will try this cedar oil grain trick.

Only place I could find it in Australia - http://backtonatureforcanines.com.au/in ... uct_id=290

Not sure about America.

Return to “Pool Chemical Problems & Swimming Pool Chemicals”