water bugs? Look here.

What is floc, clarifier, stabilizer, cyanuric acid,
algaecide, brightener, dichlor, sodium hypo,
sodium bisulfate, ....??
psimons

water bugs? Look here.

Postby psimons » Sat 18 Jun, 2011 03:56

There is a chemical you can buy from a company based in Arizona. It is called Bug Off and it really works. It is made by a company called Lo-Chlor Chemicals. I used it in my pool and the boatment all sink to the bottom of the pool and then you vacuum them or scoop them with up your net.

Hagioslife

water bugs? Look here.

Postby Hagioslife » Thu 07 Jul, 2011 18:50

Hello! I searched the web for the water bugs in the pool but nothing looks like the one that is in my pool!
There is now more then 80,I think!! They are pretty small. And it lives outside the water and jumps!
I'm stepping on them!help!!!!!!
shepp5

water bugs? Look here.

Postby shepp5 » Wed 20 Jul, 2011 22:39

Does this work with a salt generated pool? I have them BAD. Pool company does not recommend that I do anything but take them out by net. My chlorine is high enough and adding more would not be healthy. They do not recommend algecide. I cannot be taking 100's of backswimmers out of my pool every day.
Big Ron

water bugs? Look here.

Postby Big Ron » Sat 10 Sep, 2011 17:45

I'm surprised nobody knows about Skill-it. Go to Leslie's Pool Supply (Google it) and get a chemical called "Skill-it". Works like magic. The bugs pack up and leave. You need to get rid of the algae. I didn't see Skill it on their website but the individual stores sell it.
creid

water bugs? Look here.

Postby creid » Wed 13 Jun, 2012 07:46

Any of Sani Marc's Algaecides work to solve this problem. Tried and proven!! :D
LLJ

water bugs? Look here.

Postby LLJ » Sun 12 Aug, 2012 15:47

My above ground pool has been up for exactly 24 hours and I have already found 3 water bugs in it. Where do they come from???? Why are they already in my pool, it barley has water in it and there they are!!!!!
Darbie

water bugs? Look here.

Postby Darbie » Thu 06 Sep, 2012 12:38

I have these itsy, bitsy water bug that float on top of our pool. The bugs hop and skip on top of the water. They do not bit. They love to hang out by the hundreds around the steps of my pool. They are very tiny. Any idea what they can be? They look like fleas.
Thanks
Still have Problem!

water bugs? Look here.

Postby Still have Problem! » Fri 13 Jun, 2014 12:17

I have read your Post, I have tried all of the things listed. We have an above ground Pool. We do not have an Algae Problem, never have. We have it Chemically Balanced, Some Hardness. We run our Pump at night for the most part. When we turn the Pump off is when we start seeing the Bugs. Can they live in the Filter or Piping, is it possible to have Algae in these areas?? Need all the help I can get!!!
Desperate in Tonopah. :oops:
Shella

water bugs? Look here.

Postby Shella » Fri 04 Jul, 2014 13:47

I am a new pool owner and found a water bug in the pool last night. My husband put it in the sewer system after we scooped it from the pool.. Will it come back? are there more? we have a pool guy that test the pool every week and shocks or treats the pool to keep it stable. We also have half chlorine and half ultraviolet system.... does that make a difference? One last question... We have a Moss Rock Water Fall on one end of the pool... the pool guy said the bug was living there... Are we feeding the bugs with the "Moss rocks"... there is moss growing on the rocks?
fred246

Re: water bugs? Look here.

Postby fred246 » Thu 05 Nov, 2015 16:57

man I wish there was an easy solution. the bugs are driving me nuts and no definitive answer or magic solution.
oh well.... :wtf: :wtf:

Return to “Pool Chemical Problems & Swimming Pool Chemicals”