pool liner installation

Liner issues and problems installing or
maintaining above ground swimming pools.
poolhanger

Pool liner installation

Postby poolhanger » Sun 07 Jun, 2009 14:15

what was the out come of this? I'm having a similar issue.

poolhanger

Pool liner installation

Postby poolhanger » Sun 07 Jun, 2009 14:57

I bought a 18'x52" round from poolsupplies. Everything went well except the liner will not fit snug on the wall. After reading some of the posts in this forum, I believe I've the same issue of the liner. It seems to buck the walls to get the liner to sit. Even then, there is a gap between liner and the wall. The shop vac trick did not help to relieve the tension either. Any suggestions on how some of you ended up doing this liner. For your info, the liner is 171848AM. They say this is made to fit both 48 & 52...could it be a mistake? How can I double check if the liner is built correctly for the pool size or something else that I need to do at my end to make this work.???
liz wright

pool liner installation

Postby liz wright » Sun 19 Jul, 2009 10:57

We're having the exact same problem. Just installed a 27' round above ground pool yesterday (75 degrees) with a beaded liner and let the hose run overnight and woke up to 18" of water and buckling pool walls all around. It looks like the liner is pulling down the walls. Do we drain the pool and readjust the liner? Do we continue filling and risk a blow out and loss of $3,000+?
Vinyl Master
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast

Pool liner installation

Postby Vinyl Master » Sat 25 Jul, 2009 19:59

Dosen't sound good. Did you start to fill with lots of wrinkles on the floor? Did you hook up suction behind the liner untill you had aprox 3" of water covering the floor? If all that was good check the wall height of the liner and the pool. The liner will be a couple of inches smaller that is normal. one more question did you put a cove around the bottom of the wall panel? Let us know.
sleap

pool liner installation

Postby sleap » Sat 25 Jun, 2011 08:50

A pool installer uses a shop vac duct taped over the filter openings to suck the air out between the walls of the structure and the liner while installing. You add a couple of inches of water to the bottom first. This has also been used by non-professionals. This helps with insatllation of a new liner. However, full sun is still part of the equation to allow the liner to stretch to fit.
blurn

pool liner installation

Postby blurn » Mon 25 Jul, 2011 09:04

As were filling the pool with water it seems that the liner is pulling down or streching should we stop filling or continue and why is it doing that ?
televise

pool buckle

Postby televise » Tue 26 Jun, 2012 21:50

bdunn wrote:same problem with j hook liner. it was cold out. several inches between liner and wall. What do I do? wait for warm weather! The pool buckled in a few places. removed some water 4" inside buckles reduced. Temp was 55 degrees cloudy and raining. This was also a swimline liner

Oh Yeah Man! Way too cold. This type of liner has to be installed in at least 80 degrees.
paurla45
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 24x54 of unknown origin, 26 Waterway sand filter, Emerson pump single return and single skimmer. This was taken in trade with a ass-in-inned swim time liner. What a joke!

pool liner installation

Postby paurla45 » Mon 08 Apr, 2013 23:18

We received this pool, a 24'x54" round, A.K.A. now the R.M.S Titanic, as a partial trade for some work. Installed the track and wall so level the bolt holes lined up to perfection, the perfect site! My problem is, I now find, the liner is from swim time, and supposed to a uni-bead. My findings are j channel measures about 3/4 inch to top and bead measures about 7/16. I really want this thing up in the next week, so is it possible to trim this P.O.S. liner back to spec and have it hold, it's already folded out once and I have a large gathering coming up. I have access to extremely hot water via hot tub 15 feet away that can reach 109 degrees. Is this possible, I know there is going to be a lot of stretching going on, but hey I live in central Texas. Any advice would help, I'm really in a bind here so thanks in advanced!

Paurla45

P.S I forgot to mention, I have a beaded liner and this crap does not appear to be unibead from what I've read

P.S.S.For readers, I received some of my info from ezpoollinerdirect.com
Confused?

pool liner installation

Postby Confused? » Tue 08 Jul, 2014 21:21

I have a huge problem I need some help with. I just purchased a new unibead liner for my 30 ft 52 in round pool. When I ordered it I was confused as to with type of liner I needed, which I now know was a beaded one (I bought the pool used.) The instructions were easy enough to understand to cut the top piece off and then it was a beaded liner. Everything goes great until I get about 6 inches of water in my pool and then the liner just peels off from the track. I know that it is hot enough as the temp here has been in the 100s. This has happened twice now. I know that everything is completely level because I am using a transom laser level. What do I need to do to prevent this from happening? Each time I have to re-level the dirt and sand under it. My 4 boys are ready to swim. Please HELP?

Return to “Liner & Above Ground Pools”