Buckled Wall Over the Winter

Liner issues and problems installing or
maintaining above ground swimming pools.
PoolPillowPal

Postby PoolPillowPal » Sat 05 Mar, 2011 19:27

My brother-in-law's pool had that same issue a couple years ago with the side buckling after the winter. Specifically, when he closed it he didn't use an air pillow under the cover that year and the ice encroached out towards the walls rather than in towards the pillow. He ended up needing a new pool. That's what led us to develop The Pool Pillow Pal, to help install an air pillow without ropes or ties, and without the frustration. Check it out at http://www.thepoolpillowpal.com
I hope you don't need to replace your pool, but you should have an installation company look at it to ensure it is safe and structurally sound. Also, let me know what you think about The Pool Pillow Pal.
Wes

Lizstang

Postby Lizstang » Fri 27 May, 2011 07:47

Wow this seems to be quite a problem this year, we also have a 24ft steel pool. The wall has actually "folded" over on the bottom of itself. We did not cover our pool this year, I guess the weight of the snow and ice caused the liner to someone pull away from the pool. The pool is only 8 years old! We even called our homeowners to see if they would cover it, no luck there. Thankfully the posts are in good shape, appear to be anyhow, the pool is actually 6 inches below the post and top part. The wall and liner have to be replaced, urgh!

Return to “Liner & Above Ground Pools”