Baqua Pure Filter

Pool pumps, pool filters and the plumbing of
swimming pools. Sand filters, cartridge filters,
fabric filters and alternative filter media.

Baqua Pure Filter

Postby Guest » Mon 16 Mar, 2009 06:03

I use zeosand in my baquapure filter and its great

poolguy444

Cleaning Sand Filter

Postby poolguy444 » Thu 18 Jun, 2009 17:58

Baqua User wrote:I have the same question and found the manual on the internet. It does however only give a breakdown of the parts and not how to remove the old sand. Does the drain at the bottom serve a pupose in this process?

The drain plug does serve a purpose. You turn off your gate valves located directly to your strainer basket and your fulter return so no water drains out while you are disassembling. You then open the seven way valve there are two different styles split nut and clamp style. You are either unscrewing it to the left or removing two screws that are locate right above the lip of the tank. When you get that off you simply unscrew the drain plug stick a hose in there loosen it up some sand may come out of the bottom then just tilt the whole thing over and spray the hose in there so all the sand actually comes out of the top. When is clear of debris and sand. Then put the tank back in the upright position fill put back the drain plug. This is VERY VERY important. Put the lady fingers and latteral pvc tube back into place. Fill tank 20% - 40% full of water. Pour sand back into the tank with out getting into the pvc. Re attach 7 way valve and you are good to go. if the tank is 22" you use 100 lb. 24" 150 lb 26" 200 lb. Great place for replacement parts is recwarehouse.com happy swimming. 50/50 silica sand works best.
Poolguy444

Baqua Pure Filter

Postby Poolguy444 » Thu 18 Jun, 2009 18:00

I explained this below...
poolguy44

Your filter

Postby poolguy44 » Thu 18 Jun, 2009 18:03

carolinablonde wrote:I have a 22" baqua pure "big blue ball" from Rec Warehouse. Out of curiosity.....do you live in a cold climate and do you winterize your pool? I live in North Carolina and the pool maintenance fellow from a different pool supplier told me NOT to winterize and to run the filter for a couple of hours every night during months it's not in use. He said this will keep the parts moving and keep water filtering through the pump and filter. It will prevent freeze, plus prevent the parts from "seizing up". I did not know the filter was notorious for cracking. If I had to replace my filter, I'd probably opt for one that splits in the middle (I believe the Hayward is made this way). It's easier to change the sand when you need to.

I live in North Carolina as well. I have been in the pool idustry for 15 years. If you have a hayward above ground pool system in this winter it would crack 100% before antyhing for baquapure would
Jim C

Cracked 26" baqua pure tank

Postby Jim C » Thu 25 Jun, 2009 07:35

grace wrote:I have a 26" Baqua Pure tank that has a crack in it. Recreational Wharehouse says that this product is notorious for cracks. Has anyone else had this problem and how long was your warranty on your filter?

I have had my pool for 7 years. I have a Baqua Pure 26" sand tank. The first one cracked at the neck after three years. The second one cracked at the neck yesterday after 4 years. @ $350 a pop, this is expensive. I wish I could change to a cartridge!
comdoc123

Baqua Pure Filter

Postby comdoc123 » Sun 05 Jul, 2009 07:43

I have a 22 inch blue ball i recently change the sand by unscrewing cap at bottom to drain water, removing valve on top by unscrewing big split nut, unscrewed the big nut on bottom (previously had water drain cap on it). that big nut on bottom allows you to empty all sand by using hose in top openning to flush sand out of bottom openning. Was easy.
Sue

Baqua Pure Filter

Postby Sue » Sun 02 Aug, 2009 21:15

We have had our pool for 3 years. We also have a 26" Baqua Pure tank that has a crack in it. Recreational Wharehouse has been useless. I've had to also replace the pump. We tried to put plumbers sealant on it and that won't work. I am trying to fix it without having to go back to Rec they are rude and don't care once you buy the pool and system that's all they care about
Paulag

Baqua Pure Filter

Postby Paulag » Tue 04 Aug, 2009 20:31

My system is 5 years old. Have replaced pump twice. Now handle broke off filter. Rec.Warehouse, No onger caries the system. Everything ihave had to replace I had to go online to purchase. REware house did not stand behind their product. Pool green for two weeks now. Need halp changing sand
kt09

Postby kt09 » Sun 01 Nov, 2009 10:44

grace wrote:I have a 26" Baqua Pure tank that has a crack in it. Recreational Wharehouse says that this product is notorious for cracks. Has anyone else had this problem and how long was your warranty on your filter?

I moved into a house with a pool and now its about5-6 yrs old, we have the same kind of filter and just this yr it has a crack in the top area, where your screw the connector piece too. very annoying.
Tojayne

Sand filters

Postby Tojayne » Tue 20 Jul, 2010 20:32

I have had the same problem but with different results I have had 3 ,,,,,36" sand filters ( Big Blue Ball) in almost as many years and every time they have replaced them for free.... I do not keep water in the filter durning the winter but these are stress fractures not a problem you have caused so get on them and make them make good what they sell...
carolinablonde wrote:I have a 22" baqua pure "big blue ball" from Rec Warehouse. Out of curiosity.....do you live in a cold climate and do you winterize your pool? I live in North Carolina and the pool maintenance fellow from a different pool supplier told me NOT to winterize and to run the filter for a couple of hours every night during months it's not in use. He said this will keep the parts moving and keep water filtering through the pump and filter. It will prevent freeze, plus prevent the parts from "seizing up". I did not know the filter was notorious for cracking. If I had to replace my filter, I'd probably opt for one that splits in the middle (I believe the Hayward is made this way). It's easier to change the sand when you need to.
Sandman

Baqua Pure Filter

Postby Sandman » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 19:46

Pool User wrote:We have just bought a home that came with an 30' pool. We have no owners manuel and would like to know how to replace the sand in the filter.

You will have to remove the top receiver on the sand filter and wash the sand out. This may require disconnecting the sand filter from the lines and turn the housing upside down to wash out all of the sand, upright and refill with sand or medium. Some labor but should take less than three hours. I do mine every year. Hope this helps!
nick68

Postby nick68 » Sun 27 May, 2012 14:05

If you live in a climate where you can get freezing weather, you need to make sure the tank is drained for the winter. I have had my pool for six years and have not had any problem other than the valve handle cracked the first winter I had the pool. Now every year I disconnect the pump motor and all the hoses as well as the valve handle and store them in my basement where they won't be damaged by cold. I take the drain cap off of the blue tank and cover the top with some plastic and a bungee cord. I have not had a problem since.
Miller lite

Baqua Pure Filter

Postby Miller lite » Mon 05 May, 2014 15:54

Please do not tip over your filter. Get a shop vac to remove old sand, tipping it over May damage components inside tank. The drain at the bottom is only a drain, just for water.

Return to “Pool Pumps, Filters, Plumbing & Piping”