rust colored spots on bottom of pool

Algae problems in swimming pool water.
Green (cloudy) water or slimy pool walls.
Black algae. Mustard algae. Pink or white pool mold.

Postby Guest » Tue 09 Mar, 2010 06:06

Great idea. :thumbup:
Thanks, it worked a charm.

Postby Guest » Tue 18 May, 2010 12:39

Pool User wrote:Great idea. :thumbup:
Thanks, it worked a charm.

Which one was the great Idea? The tablets in a sock or the PVC pipe and Acid? :?:
jake12
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby jake12 » Fri 01 Oct, 2010 04:17

poolcrack is right, you might need a good respirator, safety first of course, here's a sample of a good respirator: http://www.respirated.com . Good luck
ryan

Postby ryan » Thu 04 Aug, 2011 13:18

bump

which solution works?
tOM66331

Rust spots

Postby tOM66331 » Sun 01 Jul, 2012 10:30

Lauren wrote:What kind of acid pellets? Did you use the sock as a scrub brush? I have had this for 2 summers. It is like a growth that adheres itself to the pool floor. I have tried to scrub it off but not much luck.

The rust colored stains are most likely from metal in the water. Some towns run flushing in the water supply and if your adding a lot of pool water during this time you will add too much metal in the water. The browning usually hits the plastic fixtures first such as the jet returns, however it can settle and stain any portion of the liner that water settles with less flow. Try concentrated doses of metal out and stir the water with your pool brush.
johnmsims2

Rust spots

Postby johnmsims2 » Fri 17 Aug, 2012 12:53

tOM66331 wrote:
Lauren wrote:What kind of acid pellets? Did you use the sock as a scrub brush? I have had this for 2 summers. It is like a growth that adheres itself to the pool floor. I have tried to scrub it off but not much luck.

The rust colored stains are most likely from metal in the water. Some towns run flushing in the water supply and if your adding a lot of pool water during this time you will add too much metal in the water. The browning usually hits the plastic fixtures first such as the jet returns, however it can settle and stain any portion of the liner that water settles with less flow. Try concentrated doses of metal out and stir the water with your pool brush.
nail on the head....natural stones or rocks used as decor on decks or pool siding have minerals in them like metals that cause this rust .....over time and poor maintenance these stones dry up and get brittle and fall into pool....use a wet-look sealer to seal the rocks and it should prevent this from happening ....pipe and acid works well

Return to “Pool Algae & Green Pool Water”