Running the filter

The basics of swimming pool maintenance.
New swimming pool owner's questions.
Help getting started with daily pool care.
TravisCrater
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: I'm not sure how many gallons but a guess is close to 45000. I also have a sand filter that is 1.5 hp and I have 2 skimmers on the side wall that are plumbed into my skimmer before my pump. I also have 2 drain in the bottom of the pool that are plumbed into the skimmer before the filter. There is a valve before the skimmer so I can choose to use the skimmers in the pool or the bottom drains to filter or both through the filter.

Running the filter

Postby TravisCrater » Mon 09 Jun, 2014 20:12

I have an inground pool and I wanna know is it better for my pool to run just the skimmers through the filter or let the skimmers and f/d's to run through the filter?? Someone please help

TSH Tech

Running the filter

Postby TSH Tech » Tue 10 Jun, 2014 15:22

Hello,

Typically, pools take water from the skimmer and if the water level should fall below the skimmer line, the float valve inside and underneath the skimmer baskets acts as a safety and pulls water from the floor drain.

If you pool plumbing was built where you have control valves that let you pull from the floor drain or skimmers by choice, then give your Floor Drain and Skimmers 50/50 ratio.

Few pools I have serviced in my client list have had plumbing setup this way, and for best results, 50/50 was optimum.
TravisCrater
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: I'm not sure how many gallons but a guess is close to 45000. I also have a sand filter that is 1.5 hp and I have 2 skimmers on the side wall that are plumbed into my skimmer before my pump. I also have 2 drain in the bottom of the pool that are plumbed into the skimmer before the filter. There is a valve before the skimmer so I can choose to use the skimmers in the pool or the bottom drains to filter or both through the filter.

Running the filter

Postby TravisCrater » Tue 10 Jun, 2014 22:22

So go back and forth with it or just run one then the other back and forth
TSH Tech

Running the filter

Postby TSH Tech » Wed 11 Jun, 2014 03:55

Both at the same time.

Is this a 3-way valve? Move the valve handle in a position where BOTH are flowing into the pump.

Return to “Basics for New Pool Owners”