CLOUDY BLUE WATER!!

Causes and cures for cloudy swimming pool water.
Milky pool water, white, pink, brown, purple, black cloudy water.
Mullins
I'm new here
I'm new here

CLOUDY BLUE WATER!!

Postby Mullins » Thu 04 May, 2006 22:03

my water is light blue and hazy. has been this way for 2 weeks and cannot get it cleared up. any suggestions to help me?

Postby Guest » Thu 04 May, 2006 23:03

I had this same problem and here is what I did, I made sure all my chems were right, ph, Chlorine, TA, then I waited for about an hour or two. I used a SUPERFLOC product, ran the pump about an hour or two, then turned it off overnight, went out there this morning and it was clear I could see the bottom!! ALL the funk was at the bottom, so I vacuumed it and then let it sit, then vacuumed it agian, I did this three times today and now my water is really clear!! I am SOo happy!!I had the same problem, you were having I am pretty sure!! Good luck, let me know if you have any problems!
Mullins
I'm new here
I'm new here

cloudy blue water

Postby Mullins » Fri 05 May, 2006 05:35

Will the floc affect the water balance...chlorine, ph, etc?
Pool Helper

Floc and pool water

Postby Pool Helper » Fri 05 May, 2006 13:32

Flocculant or clarifier will not affect the water balance in any way. It does not change the pH, total alk and can't deplete the available free chlorine.

Its purpose is to clump together the particles that your filter can't trap making them bigger so they will get caught in the filter. The floc also makes these clumps heavy so they tend to settle on the pool floor for easy vacuuming.
Mullins
I'm new here
I'm new here

Floc made my pool extremely cloudy!!!!

Postby Mullins » Sun 07 May, 2006 11:01

okay, i used the floc as you suggested...it immediately made my pool cloudy (i could see the bottom of the pool before the floc, now i can't even see the bottom in the shallow end) is this normal? I shut it off overnight, went out there this morning, the pool is still just as cloudy as can be and i cannot see the bottom. it has made it worse!!! what can i do now?????????? HELP!!!!
Pooll

Clody pool

Postby Pooll » Sun 07 May, 2006 15:44

Run the filter round the clock. Backwash frequently. Vacuum when the bottom becomes visible.
Mullins
I'm new here
I'm new here

cloudy cloudy water

Postby Mullins » Mon 08 May, 2006 06:43

still cloudy this morning..might be a slight, but very slight improvement...will it eventually clear up?? i'm about to give up!!!
Mullins
I'm new here
I'm new here

cloudy blue water

Postby Mullins » Mon 08 May, 2006 16:48

home from work...checked pool...no change...just as cloudy as ever.
why did the floc do this? is that normal??
HELP!! will it ever clear????????????????????HELP

Postby Guest » Mon 08 May, 2006 22:30

What's your chemical balance, PH, chlorine and TA all within normal ranges?? Have you had rain lately? If everything is balanced then floc it again, run the pump for an hour or two and then turn in off for 24 - 48 hours. when I looked in the water I could see tons of minute little specs in the water... I didn't vacuum everything out, the water is cloudy again, but I need to shock after a week full of rain...
How much floc did you use? I used almost a whole bottle :shock: it worked wonders, sprinkle it all over the water. And sure it's a SUPER FLOC( I got mine at Leslies... ) my bottle said really cloudy water may need repeat applications, so I would suggest that you keep doing it until your water clears.
Mullins
I'm new here
I'm new here

cloudyt blue water

Postby Mullins » Tue 09 May, 2006 05:26

i am beginning to believe you don't have a clue of what you are talking about. my pool is and was balanced...it was a little hazy and i floc just as you said....it immediately turned my water EXTREMELY cloudy. very little settled to the bottom. i have had no rain. this morning there is no improvement whatsoever!!!! NONE!!!! as you can see i am extremely upset...and you say floc again!!!! turn it even more cloudy!!!! i have had my pool for 15 years...never never had cloudy water this long!!!! i wished i had NEVER put the floc in and i wouldn't advise anyone to do this!!!!!! I WILL NEVEFR GET MY WATER CLEAR!!! I GIVE UP!!!

Postby Guest » Tue 09 May, 2006 13:10

well it worked for me, I don't know why it won't work for you... are you runnning your filter? Why don't you contact a pool professional in your local area to come out and look at it, it may cost you a little money but they will be able to tell you what is wrong and you won't have to worrry about it anymore...

pool

Postby Guest » Tue 09 May, 2006 15:27

Anonymous wrote:well it worked for me, I don't know why it won't work for you... are you runnning your filter? Why don't you contact a pool professional in your local area to come out and look at it, it may cost you a little money but they will be able to tell you what is wrong and you won't have to worrry about it anymore...

I have also been told to floc my pool as mine is cloudy and the chemicals are correct, I have been told by a professional pool cleaner who always keeps his pools crystal clear. If i was you I would tell this mullins to floc off.

Postby Guest » Tue 09 May, 2006 15:51

"floc off" LOL!! That is hilarious!!!
Mullins
I'm new here
I'm new here

cloudy water

Postby Mullins » Tue 09 May, 2006 20:37

you can tell me anything you like...i don't mind at all. you are funny.
i think pool forums are good and i think it's imortant to let others know that sometimes things that work for one doesn't necessarily work for others...the floc turned my pool cloudy immediately when i poured it in. now if you are soooo smart...tell me why the floc done this...as i know this should never have been the case. BUT IT DID HAPPEN TO ME...so others needs to know, that's what forums are for..to be informative.
so tell me...why did the floc do this to my pool?
oldpoolboy

cloudy blue water!

Postby oldpoolboy » Tue 23 May, 2006 15:23

been there before, raise your ph above noraml even to 8.0, reshock w/99% (twice the amt. you think)not the 65%active, it'll leave 35% inert waste on the bottom, that'll plum into a cloud when you vacuum. run the filter continous and back wash every 8 hours. using a flocing agent will work but only on the finest of particles when the pool is clear but not that crystal clear look you want. don't know the size of your pool but I'm betting your shock isn't nearly enough[/b]

Return to “Cloudy Pool Water”