CLOUDY BLUE WATER!!

Causes and cures for cloudy swimming pool water.
Milky pool water, white, pink, brown, purple, black cloudy water.
GallagherPreach
I'm new here
I'm new here

Clearing UP!

Postby GallagherPreach » Thu 08 Jun, 2006 08:57

It is clearing up. It is very close to becoming perfectly clear. When I started it looked like a stagnant pond. I had only been gone for 9 days, I wonder what caused that, but oh well.

Here is what I did:

-Shocked three times
-Raise PH level twice
-One and one-half gallons of algecide
-One bottle of concentrated water clarifier
-Continual backwashing
-Lots of prayer!

HA HA HA. So many things for one pool!

I hope this helps![/list]

GallagherPreach
I'm new here
I'm new here

CLEAR WATER

Postby GallagherPreach » Fri 09 Jun, 2006 21:32

The water is finally clear. Patience is a virtue.
Chemical guy...

Re: cloudyt blue water

Postby Chemical guy... » Sun 11 Jun, 2006 10:37

Mullins wrote:i am beginning to believe you don't have a clue of what you are talking about. my pool is and was balanced...it was a little hazy and i floc just as you said....it immediately turned my water EXTREMELY cloudy. very little settled to the bottom. i have had no rain. this morning there is no improvement whatsoever!!!! NONE!!!! as you can see i am extremely upset...and you say floc again!!!! turn it even more cloudy!!!! i have had my pool for 15 years...never never had cloudy water this long!!!! i wished i had NEVER put the floc in and i wouldn't advise anyone to do this!!!!!! I WILL NEVEFR GET MY WATER CLEAR!!! I GIVE UP!!!

Ok, what is your copper level and your free chlorine level???
Chemical guy

cloudy water

Postby Chemical guy » Sun 11 Jun, 2006 10:38

nikki van wrote::cry: pool guy said to clean water put 5 gal chlorine in 10,000 gal pool.now pool is sea green/blue but cloudy here is the exact reading:total hardness-very low,total chlorine-ok,free chlorine-very low,ph-high,total alkalinity-low,stabalizer-ok ----don't understand all this and there is so much info some say to leave some say to put this that and the other what do i do???????

what is your copper level?
Chemical guy...

Re: cloudy blue pool water

Postby Chemical guy... » Sun 11 Jun, 2006 10:42

Anonymous wrote:I have been having a problem clearing cloudy blue pool water too. When the pool was opended it turned from green to blue in three days after shocking it and it has been open for a week now. The water is blue but remains so cloudy or milky looking that the bottom is not visible. I called the local pool store and was told to add hydrafloc. I was reading the comments writtin above in this forum and am now wondering whether this will improve my situation as I am unfamiliar with this chemical. If anyone has any suggestions or experience with cloudy pool water or hydafloc, I would appreciate hearing them.

Thanks

Ok, look....cloudiness can be from various sources..most notably microbiological growth, high solids, & high metals...give me your full complete test results (including copper and iron) & I will evaluate.
Kawagama4
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby Kawagama4 » Tue 13 Jun, 2006 15:04

Okay I am in the same boat and finally sat back and thought about it. I have a dog that swims in the pool and to protect my filter sand from the hair of my golden I put filter socks on the skimmer basket. So following logically I put one of the socks on today and started vacuum my milky cloudy pool. Seems to be clearing up already. The sock (comes in packs of 5 and cost less than $10) is collecting all the dead algae and fine debris so not getting into filter or back to pool. I have had to take the sock off a few times and rinse it out with the garden house and then put back on but it is amazing the goop that is being picked up. If you have the sock on you will be amazed how much sun screen and debris it picks up. I also notice I backwash alot less during the season with this on.
Hope it helps.
laird of montrose

blue water

Postby laird of montrose » Mon 19 Jun, 2006 18:06

I had blue cloudy water and cleared it with Floc after renewing my filter sand. It just took a little time and effort but no big deal.

Kawagama4 wrote:Okay I am in the same boat and finally sat back and thought about it. I have a dog that swims in the pool and to protect my filter sand from the hair of my golden I put filter socks on the skimmer basket. So following logically I put one of the socks on today and started vacuum my milky cloudy pool. Seems to be clearing up already. The sock (comes in packs of 5 and cost less than $10) is collecting all the dead algae and fine debris so not getting into filter or back to pool. I have had to take the sock off a few times and rinse it out with the garden house and then put back on but it is amazing the goop that is being picked up. If you have the sock on you will be amazed how much sun screen and debris it picks up. I also notice I backwash alot less during the season with this on.
Hope it helps.
laird of montrose

pool chemical tips

Postby laird of montrose » Mon 19 Jun, 2006 18:12

For some good advice try Poolstore.co.uk
Smart Shopper

Cloudy Water

Postby Smart Shopper » Fri 23 Jun, 2006 15:22

Try Baking Soda...stores charge a small fortune for ph down...read the box..it's sodium bicarbonate..a/k/a/ BAKING SODA...buy store name brand..4 lb box less than 2 bucks...cast entire four pounds into pool...non toxic...can swim at the same time...next day cast another 4 lb box...it worked for me....
southernpool
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby southernpool » Mon 26 Jun, 2006 17:31

I HAVE THSAME PROBLEM AND THIS IS AFTER I ADDED ALL THE FLOC I NEEDED TO ADD AND HELP WOULD HELP
Once your a winnner you'll be a winner for life
robinls

cloudy water

Postby robinls » Wed 28 Jun, 2006 06:54

Hi every-one i like alot of you have a pool with cloudy water we have a family get togather the 4th of july and iam desprete to get it looking nice i have read so many things on here it can get confusing. from what i have read iam thinking i should put 4 gallons of shock a gallon of algicide and a bottle of clarifier in it does that sound right? and do i shut off the filter after doing this? any help would be appreciated.........NEEDS HELP IN INDIANA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby Guest » Wed 28 Jun, 2006 23:30

Hi Robin, I am having troubles with mine again, my CHlorine is 4, Ph is 7.4 and my TA is 110, but my water is cloudy... I am headed to the pool store in the morning to get some SUPER FLOC, I will then shock, then Super Floc, run the pump for four hours, turn it off overnight, then vacuum to waste... we'll see!!! I will update on Friday!
pooly frustrated

cloudy blue water

Postby pooly frustrated » Thu 29 Jun, 2006 21:44

Hi all! I am having the same problem with my water. However, I use Baquacil products. This is my third year having a pool and have not ever had this much trouble. I have done everything my dealer has suggested. All my chemicals are within range. Today my calcium and alkalinity was low.
Problem:
My water is a beautiful blue cloudy color. I have a 28 round pool (17,205g); I can see the second step on my ladder, but it gets cloudy the further I go down and can not see the bottom at all. :roll: When I vaccume the bottom: I see lots of white particles floating around (they are small enough to escape my skimmer basket and go back in my pool in the return jet). I have tried everything: thankfuly my pool dealer is nice and has provided the chemicals that I have tried so far. They do not think it is a water mold because my shock levels are holding up. There is no sheets of slime on my pool either. However, sometimes on the water in my skimmer basket there is a slime like coating (I thought this may be just pollen from our trees :? ) Could I have a water mold problem?
I have Flocked 3 times; tried the scale treatment; etc.
I would be most grateful for any suggestions. I have been at this problem since June 1 :x
RobinLS

Isn't it driving us CRAZY

Postby RobinLS » Fri 30 Jun, 2006 07:46

:? Hi all i wish i could say we have had luck i also can see the 2nd step and than it is cloudy ours is 28 too. And today iam going to shock it again and add algicide and a clarifier i hope it helps iam confused on should i turn my filter off after i shock it to let anything settle but we have vacummed it so many times and like you said it is a really pretty blue just not clear i wish you guys luck and if i find out anything or some tip or answer i will post and you do the same if we all don't go CRAZY first HAHAHA..........Robin
RobinLs

POOL USER

Postby RobinLs » Fri 30 Jun, 2006 07:48

Hi Pool user just wanted to see what luck you were having kinda waiting to see what happen with yours :lol:

Return to “Cloudy Pool Water”