HELP - is my pump dead?

Pool pumps, pool filters and the plumbing of
swimming pools. Sand filters, cartridge filters,
fabric filters and alternative filter media.
ellava
I'm new here
I'm new here

HELP - is my pump dead?

Postby ellava » Wed 25 Jul, 2007 15:35

I have a Hayward pump & filter set up (the one that came with the aboveground package - I think it's a Powerflow II :?: ).
At any rate, we've had the set up just over 1 year. In the past I had difficulty keeping the pressure regulated but this year I've done well and kept all maintenance, etc up and the pressure has been right at 10lbs. The other day the pump started making a really high pitched whining (screaming :evil: !) sound. My husband believes it's the brushes and that it's probably best to get a new pump. I think the pump is just out of warranty and that I'd like to know if there is any troubleshooting we can do on our own before getting a new pump. Thanks for your advice.

Backglass
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Re: HELP - is my pump dead?

Postby Backglass » Wed 25 Jul, 2007 15:41

ellava wrote:I have a Hayward pump & filter set up (the one that came with the aboveground package - I think it's a Powerflow II :?: ).
At any rate, we've had the set up just over 1 year. In the past I had difficulty keeping the pressure regulated but this year I've done well and kept all maintenance, etc up and the pressure has been right at 10lbs. The other day the pump started making a really high pitched whining (screaming :evil: !) sound. My husband believes it's the brushes and that it's probably best to get a new pump. I think the pump is just out of warranty and that I'd like to know if there is any troubleshooting we can do on our own before getting a new pump. Thanks for your advice.

If it's just the brushes, then all you need is a new motor, not a whole new pump. It should have lasted much longer than a year though...
===============================
I'm no expert...just a long time pool owner. The real experts are at www . troublefreepool . com

Download Bleachcalc free at troublefreepool . com /files/BleachCalc262.exe and start saving money on chemicals.

Return to “Pool Pumps, Filters, Plumbing & Piping”