HELP after i vacuum my pool is cloudy

Water bugs, swimming insects and sweat bees.
Foaming bubbly water. Frogs in the pool.
Dead animals in the swimming pool.
grannyof2
I'm new here
I'm new here

HELP after i vacuum my pool is cloudy

Postby grannyof2 » Sun 05 Aug, 2007 15:43

I go look in my pool and its clear i see stuff on the bottom. THen i vacuum and it and its instant cloudy you cant even see the bottom. went to the pool store and did what they say and its still cloudy what can i do it settles then start over a never ending cycle i thought about adding baking soda wondering if that well help. can somebody help me PLEASE i am sick of this it been like this 2 months

Backglass
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby Backglass » Mon 06 Aug, 2007 14:39

Granny, we need more info.

What kind of pool?
How big?
How many gallons?
What kind of filter?

Also using your test kit, please post a full set of numbers...chlorine, ph, cya, etc.

Baking Soda is only used to raise your Total Alkalinity and to a lesser degree, ph.
===============================
I'm no expert...just a long time pool owner. The real experts are at www . troublefreepool . com

Download Bleachcalc free at troublefreepool . com /files/BleachCalc262.exe and start saving money on chemicals.
grannyof2
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby grannyof2 » Tue 07 Aug, 2007 20:42

24 by 24 above ground had my water test today at the pool store they said my levels are normal, told me i should of changed my sand i inform then i change my sand every year. also they said it could be from the chemicals
fatybabe
Pool Care Proficient
Pool Care Proficient

Postby fatybabe » Fri 31 Aug, 2007 01:18

I wont suggest you add Sodium carb when your getting cloudy water. Possible reason to this cloudniess after you vacumm is because you cleaner is agitating the water and causing the particules to become suspended in water again.

Looks to me like more of a problem of TDS try shocking with monopersulfate if that doesnt work drain partially that will defiantely do the trick.
chem geek
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader

Postby chem geek » Fri 31 Aug, 2007 09:45

If you can vaccum to waste, then that's an option for removal of what's on the bottom, though obviously you have to do so carefully so as not to stir it up. If it is just to easy to stir up, then adding a flocculant (OMNI Liquid Floc Plus) would help consolidate the particles so they don't stir up as much and you'd have to vacuum to waste to remove them.

If that doesn't work or is not an option for you, you can intentionally stir it up, then add a clarifier and run the pump 24/7 to try and catch this stuff in the filter, that you then need to clean or backwash. If you don't have a floor drain (and you may not since it's above ground), then getting this stuff to the filter via the skimmer will be time-consuming.

I wouldn't worry about TDS. TDS is mostly salt from chlorine usage. In a residential pool, the amount of extra organics is very small and unlikely to cause turbidity problems (and if they did, then a floc or clarifier will consolidate such particles). And in your case, you've got actual precipitate you can see (i.e. it's not dissolved).

Finally, please get a full set of water chemistry numbers including Free Chlorine (FC), Combined Chlorine (CC) or Total Chlorine (TC), pH, Total Alkalinity (TA), Cyanuric Acid (CYA) and Calcium Hardness (CH). If the pool is over-saturated with calcium carbonate, then that could be this powder, though usually it precipitates more as scale than powder and the water would remain cloudy. If it turns out that the powder is just from over-saturation, then there are several options depending on your water parameters.

Richard
Randy

Cloudy water.

Postby Randy » Thu 16 Oct, 2008 16:44

I have a 33,000 gallon in ground pool. After 5 years, chlornation and acid would not clear the cloudy water. Changing the water did the trick. I think after years, salts and other things accumulate.

Return to “General Pool Water Problems”