ants in my swimming pool

Discussions that do not fit into any of the
swimming pool categories and general topics.
peggy

ants in my swimming pool

Postby peggy » Wed 12 Sep, 2007 09:14

my pool has ants! completely open pool, black "dirt" accumulates on bottom in several locations. The "dirt" is ants.....thousands and thousands of ants. Since ants will not voluntarily go into water, how are they getting in and what do I do? I have complained all summer to my pool maintenance people with no results. Help

Backglass
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby Backglass » Thu 13 Sep, 2007 20:04

Check your liner for holes. If you have a very large ant colony behind you liner, they could be "falling in" through the cuts/cracks.

If you don't have a liner, do you see these ant anywhere else? On the deck or in the trees nearby? Follow them home!
===============================
I'm no expert...just a long time pool owner. The real experts are at www . troublefreepool . com

Download Bleachcalc free at troublefreepool . com /files/BleachCalc262.exe and start saving money on chemicals.

Postby Guest » Fri 14 Sep, 2007 21:08

Backglass wrote:Check your liner for holes. If you have a very large ant colony behind you liner, they could be "falling in" through the cuts/cracks.

If you don't have a liner, do you see these ant anywhere else? On the deck or in the trees nearby? Follow them home!

I agree with this as well, Check your liner for sure,

They are usually found behind the liner, A lot of times the ants like to eat the vinyl , I used to see this a lot when I pulled peoples winter covers out of the shed after a long summer,

You might want to call an exterminator as well, about the problem
Delmon
I'm new here
I'm new here

General discussions

Postby Delmon » Tue 18 Sep, 2007 07:43

Hi, i am delmon new in this forum .Please anybody give me the rules of playing pool. Bye
teralin
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby teralin » Wed 26 Sep, 2007 04:32

Cretin

Return to “Poolside - General Discussions”