Baqua Pure Filter

Pool pumps, pool filters and the plumbing of
swimming pools. Sand filters, cartridge filters,
fabric filters and alternative filter media.

Baqua Pure Filter

Postby Guest » Tue 08 May, 2007 16:41

We have just bought a home that came with an 30' pool. We have no owners manuel and would like to know how to replace the sand in the filter.

Hotfire
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby Hotfire » Tue 08 May, 2007 21:59

Do a Google search for Baqua Pure. The owner's manual is readily available in a pdf file.

I have the same filter and got the manual off the internet yesterday.

Hotfire
Baqua User

Cleaning Sand Filter

Postby Baqua User » Tue 05 Jun, 2007 22:13

I have the same question and found the manual on the internet. It does however only give a breakdown of the parts and not how to remove the old sand. Does the drain at the bottom serve a pupose in this process?
AC2FST

pool pump

Postby AC2FST » Thu 22 May, 2008 18:25

my pump work great last year and this year it will not work. Maybe you can help me, my pump seems to kick on (real loud) but will not pump water . PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!

Re: pool pump

Postby Guest » Thu 22 May, 2008 18:33

AC2FST wrote:my pump work great last year and this year it will not work. Maybe you can help me, my pump seems to kick on (real loud) but will not pump water . PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!
let me no if i need a pump r can i fix it? thanx

Re: Cleaning Sand Filter

Postby Guest » Sun 25 May, 2008 15:02

Baqua User wrote:I have the same question and found the manual on the internet. It does however only give a breakdown of the parts and not how to remove the old sand. Does the drain at the bottom serve a pupose in this process?
lageren
I'm new here
I'm new here

Baqua Pure Sand Filter

Postby lageren » Sun 25 May, 2008 17:59

I have the same question, can ANYONE assist?? We are trying to change the sand in our filter. I searched for the owners manual which should tell you how to change the sand but it does not. Any other suggestions?

Thank you
Linda
bm052857

Changing the pool sand

Postby bm052857 » Sun 25 May, 2008 21:35

In order to change the sand if you can get your hand on a "green machine" your life will be much better. You have to unhook the top valve and waterlines from the blue ball, remove the black cap at the bottom and let the water drain out. Then use the "green machine" (a type of wet/dry vac with a small hose) to suck out the sand. The white pipe in the middle is attached to several "fingers" in the bottom of the blue ball. If you do not have a wet/dry vac you can do what I did the first time; remove one handful at a time until you can turn the ball over and bang it on the bottom until all the sand comes out. Rinse the old sand out then replace the white tube in the bottom, use the round black plate with holes in it to cover the top of the white tube and pour in your new sand. Replace the black cap on the blue ball and hook everything back up. It takes a while to do so be sure to allow several hours and make sure you get the o-rings back in the hoses before you hook everything back up. Good Luck!
grace

Cracked 26" baqua pure tank

Postby grace » Fri 30 May, 2008 12:09

I have a 26" Baqua Pure tank that has a crack in it. Recreational Wharehouse says that this product is notorious for cracks. Has anyone else had this problem and how long was your warranty on your filter?
carolinablonde

Postby carolinablonde » Sat 31 May, 2008 16:26

I have a 22" baqua pure "big blue ball" from Rec Warehouse. Out of curiosity.....do you live in a cold climate and do you winterize your pool? I live in North Carolina and the pool maintenance fellow from a different pool supplier told me NOT to winterize and to run the filter for a couple of hours every night during months it's not in use. He said this will keep the parts moving and keep water filtering through the pump and filter. It will prevent freeze, plus prevent the parts from "seizing up". I did not know the filter was notorious for cracking. If I had to replace my filter, I'd probably opt for one that splits in the middle (I believe the Hayward is made this way). It's easier to change the sand when you need to.

Baqua Pure Filter

Postby Guest » Mon 16 Mar, 2009 06:03

I use zeosand in my baquapure filter and its great
poolguy444

Cleaning Sand Filter

Postby poolguy444 » Thu 18 Jun, 2009 17:58

Baqua User wrote:I have the same question and found the manual on the internet. It does however only give a breakdown of the parts and not how to remove the old sand. Does the drain at the bottom serve a pupose in this process?

The drain plug does serve a purpose. You turn off your gate valves located directly to your strainer basket and your fulter return so no water drains out while you are disassembling. You then open the seven way valve there are two different styles split nut and clamp style. You are either unscrewing it to the left or removing two screws that are locate right above the lip of the tank. When you get that off you simply unscrew the drain plug stick a hose in there loosen it up some sand may come out of the bottom then just tilt the whole thing over and spray the hose in there so all the sand actually comes out of the top. When is clear of debris and sand. Then put the tank back in the upright position fill put back the drain plug. This is VERY VERY important. Put the lady fingers and latteral pvc tube back into place. Fill tank 20% - 40% full of water. Pour sand back into the tank with out getting into the pvc. Re attach 7 way valve and you are good to go. if the tank is 22" you use 100 lb. 24" 150 lb 26" 200 lb. Great place for replacement parts is recwarehouse.com happy swimming. 50/50 silica sand works best.
Poolguy444

Baqua Pure Filter

Postby Poolguy444 » Thu 18 Jun, 2009 18:00

I explained this below...
poolguy44

Your filter

Postby poolguy44 » Thu 18 Jun, 2009 18:03

carolinablonde wrote:I have a 22" baqua pure "big blue ball" from Rec Warehouse. Out of curiosity.....do you live in a cold climate and do you winterize your pool? I live in North Carolina and the pool maintenance fellow from a different pool supplier told me NOT to winterize and to run the filter for a couple of hours every night during months it's not in use. He said this will keep the parts moving and keep water filtering through the pump and filter. It will prevent freeze, plus prevent the parts from "seizing up". I did not know the filter was notorious for cracking. If I had to replace my filter, I'd probably opt for one that splits in the middle (I believe the Hayward is made this way). It's easier to change the sand when you need to.

I live in North Carolina as well. I have been in the pool idustry for 15 years. If you have a hayward above ground pool system in this winter it would crack 100% before antyhing for baquapure would
Jim C

Cracked 26" baqua pure tank

Postby Jim C » Thu 25 Jun, 2009 07:35

grace wrote:I have a 26" Baqua Pure tank that has a crack in it. Recreational Wharehouse says that this product is notorious for cracks. Has anyone else had this problem and how long was your warranty on your filter?

I have had my pool for 7 years. I have a Baqua Pure 26" sand tank. The first one cracked at the neck after three years. The second one cracked at the neck yesterday after 4 years. @ $350 a pop, this is expensive. I wish I could change to a cartridge!

Return to “Pool Pumps, Filters, Plumbing & Piping”