7 position settings on Baquapure Sand Filter

Automatic pool cleaners, vacuum heads, pool covers,
decks, fencing, pool alarms and security ....
dlh
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 24' AG, Baqua Pure Sand Filter

Postby dlh » Fri 29 May, 2009 20:13

I know nothing about these things, just bought this used pool and filtering system. On the lid assembly where you push the handle down to move it around to the different positions, the labels are faded out, all except the backwash one. Have searched unsuccessfully for a manual. Can anyone tell me what the positions are, say clockwise from the backwash setting, and what each one does? Or give me a link to a manual?
I will be forever grateful for any help!

Me...
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby Me... » Sat 30 May, 2009 09:52

Won't know what you have unless there is a model but I can almost guarantee that directly across from backwash will be filter. Those are your 2 main positions.
mba0400

Postby mba0400 » Fri 12 Jun, 2009 20:44

Clock wise from back wash the settings are as follow
back wash - Bypass to pool - Rinse - Filter - bypass to waste - winterize - closed
Back wash - reverse water flow of filter and dischargesout waste port
Bypass to pool - recirculate pool water while bypassing filter. Water flows in to filter inletand discharges through filter outlet.
Rinse - Rinses excess sand that is trapped in the filter laterals, septum and diffuser. Water flows through filter inlet and discharges through waste port.
Filter - Filteration cycle-water flows through sand bed and discharges to filter outlet. This is the normal operating position.
Bypass to waste - Vacuum dirty water from the pool. Water flows through multiport valves, bypasses filter to waste.
Winterized - All ports are closed. Pump can be serviced in this mode(Pump should not be running when valve is in this position.
Closed - All ports are closed. Pump can be serviced at this mode(Pump should not be running when valve is in this position.

Always stop the pump when switchinh positions
J

Postby J » Sat 20 Jun, 2009 09:56

mba you were right on and thanks for the details as well. I had the same problem. Wonderful, thank you.
malissa lynn Yeager

Postby malissa lynn Yeager » Sat 20 Jun, 2009 13:11

Does anyone know the sequence for backwashing my baquapure sand filter system. The instructions have worn off

Postby Guest » Sat 20 Jun, 2009 20:00

mba0400 wrote:Clock wise from back wash the settings are as follow
back wash - Bypass to pool - Rinse - Filter - bypass to waste - winterize - closed
Bypass to pool - recirculate pool water while bypassing filter. Water flows in to filter inletand discharges through filter outlet.
Rinse - Rinses excess sand that is trapped in the filter laterals, septum and diffuser. Water flows through filter inlet and discharges through waste port.
Filter - Filteration cycle-water flows through sand bed and discharges to filter outlet. This is the normal operating position.
Bypass to waste - Vacuum dirty water from the pool. Water flows through multiport valves, bypasses filter to waste.
Winterized - All ports are closed. Pump can be serviced in this mode(Pump should not be running when valve is in this position.
Closed - All ports are closed. Pump can be serviced at this mode(Pump should not be running when valve is in this position.

Fla resident

Postby Fla resident » Mon 06 Jul, 2009 14:46

Backwash for one minute.
30 sec rest.
Repeat backwash and rest twice.
Rinse for 30 sec.
Eliptical77

Postby Eliptical77 » Thu 23 Jul, 2009 09:29

If I am just cleaning the bottom of the pool floor which is best to put the pump on Bypass to waste or just leave it on filter?

Postby Guest » Sat 08 May, 2010 21:02

thanks for this information.. my words have faded off my multi-valve port also.. do you by chance a picture of the top of the valve assembly you could post?? thanks

mba0400 wrote:Clock wise from back wash the settings are as follow

Bec

Postby Bec » Sun 14 Sep, 2014 13:22

Enter "7 position settings on Baquapure Sand Filter" on Google search & click "images" for a photo

Return to “Pool Equipment & Other Pool Maintenance”