SWGs, salt water chlorine generators, chlorinators,
ozone generators, UV systems, . . .
toesinthesand
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: AGP 18x34 52" walls. 2.0 hp waterco pump and sand filter

Intex Saltwater System NO FLOW error

Postby toesinthesand » Fri 21 May, 2010 21:41

I purchased the intex saltwater system this week for my AGP (which is not an intex brand), I followed the setup instructions, filled the pool with recommended amount of salt and started the SWG. The system seems to work for a couple of minutes then it starts flashing code 90, water flow problems. My return pressure is great, I have done all the troubleshooting listed and still the same problem. I'm wonder if my pump and filtration system is to big for this intex product. Can anybody offer advice or help with this matter?

saltydog
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 15'x4' intex metal frame pool (round), intex 1500 GPH pump, intex 8110 saltwater system.

Postby saltydog » Wed 16 Jun, 2010 08:46

Did you ever come up with a solution to this problem? I'm having the exact same trouble: green light flashes, goes solid, chlorine generation takes place for about 2 minutes, then code 90. Looks like an air pocket is forming in the chlorine generation chamber. With the saltwater system turn off, running just the filter pump, no air pockets form.

BTW--I doubt it's your pump, because I'm using an Intex 1500 GPH pump.
saltydog
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 15'x4' intex metal frame pool (round), intex 1500 GPH pump, intex 8110 saltwater system.

Postby saltydog » Wed 16 Jun, 2010 21:51

Update: Looks like I'm getting air into the system somehow. I think it might be coming from my solar collectors, which are currently hooked up after the saltwater system. Maybe I should move the saltwater system and pump on after the collectors. Anybody else have both a solar pool heater and a saltwater system? Any ideas?

Postby Guest » Sat 19 Jun, 2010 19:49

I am having the same problem and I do not have a solar pool heater. Anybody find a solution?
giancarlo

Intex Saltwater System not work

Postby giancarlo » Wed 21 Jul, 2010 18:22

i have a saltwater pool system. every time i turn it on the code 12 flashes on for a few seconds then the system turns off automatically. can somebody help me or tell me what to do?
deltafarmer

Postby deltafarmer » Thu 12 May, 2011 19:35

I have experienced the same exact problem with our saltwater system. It seems that there is air trapped in the system although done everything possible to release all the air in the system. I have replaced parts, etc. If anyone knows what to do besides replacing the system for $200 . . . please, let me know.

Postby Guest » Sat 28 May, 2011 05:55

turn your intex cloranator the other way, make sure arrows going same way as water flow(for low flow)
English Nanny

Postby English Nanny » Tue 09 Aug, 2011 05:17

I am in England - same thing for me, All appears to work on saltwater pump for 2 mins or so then 90 code comes up with alarm, & despite all air release etc, same thing happens every time.
However the very first time IT WORKED FOR 4 hours with no problem, so there can't be anything seriously wrong. Just can't get it to go again.

Is there anyone out there who can help? Does anyone know of an Intex number / email in UK, so I can contact direct?

Many thanks to ANYONE out there!
Theromero6

Postby Theromero6 » Sat 24 Sep, 2011 20:43

I wired the little flap up, no more low
flow problems. This was a last resort.. We tried everything. Wish I wudve done this sooner
nospel

Postby nospel » Sat 01 Oct, 2011 21:46

well my sensor is magnetic and put a extra magnet in and glued it. no way to wire it or tie it that i saw.

still get same issue. turn it on for 60 sec then throws a error code of low flow. any one figured out how to by pass the sensor or another solution ?

i have the water flowing in the correct direction.
texter

Postby texter » Thu 06 Oct, 2011 00:21

Code 90 low flow error. Finally found what the problem was on my 8110. Would turn on system and approx 30 seconds later 90 error code would appear. Traced it to the connection on the flow switch connector. Took some small needle nose pliers and carefully squeezed the female metal connections inside the rubber cord connector on the cable side so they would make a tighter fit. I was able to get the pliers in between the rubber socket and the metal crimp connector to avoid possible damage to the rubber seal. So far so good. Hope this helps someone.
Helpful Brit

Postby Helpful Brit » Fri 07 Oct, 2011 14:04

If it continues to show 90, UPEND THE SALTWATER PUMP- IE TIP IT BACKWARDS - LEAVE UNTIL all air bubbles have gone out of it. THIS WORKED FOR ME after loads of tries - my son told me to do this, he is an engineer, he said gravity was causing the bubbles to run through the lock, causing "90" show. THIS WORKS, TRY IT!!!PASS ON TO ALL, I have sent this message before.
English Nanny

Postby English Nanny » Tue 11 Oct, 2011 06:24

I had problems with system showing 90 flow error etc.
Have now found how to fix it.
TIP the pump unit backwards so the base is face outwards. Gravity then causes the air bubbles to 'miss' the sensor unit.
Once the pump is working OK with no 90 code showing, tip it back up the correct way again so its standing on its base.
I couldn't get my saltwater pump working correctly till I did that - since then I've had NO PROBLEMS at all, the water is kept absolutely crystal clear etc, saves me loads of work.
nikkip

Postby nikkip » Mon 21 May, 2012 22:30

My system kept giving me the code 90 last year too and we had to buy a stronger pump/filter to push the water through. After that it worked great all year. This year it started off giving me the code 90 again, turns out a little plastic tube had come loose from somewhere and was preventing the sensor from being pushed up all the way. I removed it..and it works fine..still not sure what that little white piece of tube was for, or where it came from?
love to swim

Postby love to swim » Wed 23 May, 2012 11:19

I have the same problem - I have done all troubleshooting and still low flow.

Return to “Salt Water Chlorine Generators, Ozone, UV”