Pool overflow plumbing

Problems relating to the Pool Help Forum website and general forum help.
Suggestions and criticisms that would improve your web experience.
conklin

Pool overflow plumbing

Postby conklin » Sat 23 May, 2009 11:25

Technical Question... Please

My pool gets 11 inches of rain, but the water level does not exceed the top of the skimmer. There must be an overflow, but I cannot find it. Where could it be?
If it exists, it must have an inlet (attached to the water in the pool) and an outlet somewhere outside the pool.

I am a mechanical engineer and this question is driving me nuts because I cannot figure it out.

Jim Conklin
Longwood, FL
407-804-0826

Pool overflow plumbing

Postby Guest » Fri 17 Jul, 2009 07:40

Most come off of the main drain that is brought up as a separate pipe and leveled off at the desired level, then piped off away from the pool area.
Ms b

Pool overflow plumbing

Postby Ms b » Thu 06 May, 2010 20:24

if your pool comes with skimmer instead, the overflow normally in your skimmer box. some manufaturer prepare for this, some not. if not, you need to drill a hole on the skimmer box before installation and connect with other pipe to your drain.
pebeautiful
I'm new here
I'm new here

Pool overflow plumbing

Postby pebeautiful » Thu 13 Jan, 2011 07:56

Yes it is normally in the skimmer box that the contractor has drilled or normally has a hole for the drain. You can check it if you have some time for it. Your fool doesn’t overflow then obviously it has a drain hole in the skimmer box.
jopin

Pool overflow plumbing

Postby jopin » Mon 17 Jan, 2011 08:34

Plumbing is very important in the whole process of housekeeping. It ensures the interrupted flow of water both to and from the home. If we can do the plumbing job with ourselves to lessen the expenses is much better. But plumbing is really a tough job.

Return to “Problems & Suggestions for this Forum”