Sand coming out the jets after backwash HELP

The basics of swimming pool maintenance.
New swimming pool owner's questions.
Help getting started with daily pool care.
Taylercorkett94
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Dont know much about my in ground pool as we have just moved in to a new house with this pool

Postby Taylercorkett94 » Tue 24 Apr, 2012 13:20

After I backwash the filter because the pressure is high, sand comes out the jets when i put the pump back to filter. Any help will be appreciated thanks.

BudgetPoolCare
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast

Postby BudgetPoolCare » Tue 24 Apr, 2012 22:16

One of your laterials in the filter tank have cracked... you can get this repaired by empting the sand and replaceing the broken part and then re-filling with new sand.

i would call a pool service tech to your home to do this repair as you mightneed special tools.

regards

Mario Mustac
Budget Pool Care
Sydney-Australia
JohnnyB

Postby JohnnyB » Wed 25 Apr, 2012 08:59

Are you sure its sand, it could be silt and it actually looks alot like sand but is more fine then sand and your latterals will let silt come back into the pool. So if its not sand then try Vacuming the pool on waste and see if that does the trick before to start to spend money.
cpo2go
Swimming Pool Wizard
Swimming Pool Wizard
My Pool: 27,000 gal, pebble tec, all Pentair equipment; DE filter, 3/4 hp, 400k heater, Poolvergnuegen 4x Pool Cleaner

Postby cpo2go » Sun 20 May, 2012 15:01

It could be broken laterals but it may be as simple as running your system on "rinse" for 30 seconds after you backwash.
If you only get sand blowing back into your spa after you backwash, it's not likely your laterals. If the debris that's returned ends up getting trapped in the filter once it goes back into the system, it just needs to be rinsed before you put it back in filter mode. If you don't have a 'rinse' setting, then just brush it into the drain, with the pump running, after you backwash.
http://www.cpo2go.com
Pool and Spa Water Care Simplified.
Easy to use, fast results.

Return to “Basics for New Pool Owners”