winterize easy set pool

Liner issues and problems installing or
maintaining above ground swimming pools.

winterize easy set pool

Postby Guest » Sun 03 Sep, 2006 11:41

Has anyone ever tried leaving an Intex easy set pool up over the winter? We live in NH and would like to try it. Any tips?

Traylynn

winterize easy set pool

Postby Traylynn » Thu 14 Sep, 2006 18:41

We are wondering the same info, would love to leave it up
Traylynn

winterize easy set pool

Postby Traylynn » Thu 14 Sep, 2006 19:14

According to this site we can arthurspools(dot)com/portable(dot)pools(dot)htm
to the right on the page you will see are question click on it for your answer, hope this helps
Traylynn
Lela

Re: winterize easy set pool

Postby Lela » Mon 01 Sep, 2008 09:58

Anonymous wrote:Has anyone ever tried leaving an Intex easy set pool up over the winter? We live in NH and would like to try it. Any tips?
Jeanette Sherwood

Re: winterize easy set pool

Postby Jeanette Sherwood » Fri 12 Sep, 2008 18:06

I am just wondering how to winterize a15 FT x 48" easy set pool
Jeanette
brenmax

intex easy set pool

Postby brenmax » Sat 13 Sep, 2008 20:39

We left our pool up last winter in PA Poconos, just with an inflatable pillow on top and the cover. Ran into one problem with ice forming on top and leaning to one side causing overflow of water. I think this year we are going to winterize with chemicals and maybe it won't freeze.

Brenda
brenmax

Winter Intex Easyset

Postby brenmax » Sat 13 Sep, 2008 20:40

Oh, one other thing, we removed filter and tubing and put in black plugs.
pool kid

Postby pool kid » Sun 14 Sep, 2008 23:37

easy set pools are junk
ladyfromthewoods

winterize easy set pool

Postby ladyfromthewoods » Tue 29 Sep, 2009 12:02

winterize easy set pool

Postby Guest » Fri 02 Oct, 2009 14:46

Pool User wrote:Has anyone ever tried leaving an Intex easy set pool up over the winter? We live in NH and would like to try it. Any tips?
missy

winterize easy set pool

Postby missy » Mon 25 Jan, 2010 13:50

:D we live in PA and it gets very cold here in the winter. we spent too much money and time on our pool last summer to drain it and start all over in the spring so we left our pool up and are hoping for the best. we winterized it just as you would a regular pool and we also bought a pillow and cover. right now with the ice and snow the weight of that pulled the cover in but we are going to go and get a pump to pull the water out. We also invested in a salt water system and found that to be very worthy w/ clear water and no burning eyes in the swim season. We are keeping our fingers crossed that the pool will be ok in a few months, we love this pool.
Traylor Park

winterize easy set pool

Postby Traylor Park » Thu 06 May, 2010 15:59

I would not recommend it. All the plastic parts are a risk of cracking.
Brenda F.

winterize easy set pool

Postby Brenda F. » Thu 04 Aug, 2011 22:32

missy wrote::D we live in PA and it gets very cold here in the winter. we spent too much money and time on our pool last summer to drain it and start all over in the spring so we left our pool up and are hoping for the best. we winterized it just as you would a regular pool and we also bought a pillow and cover. right now with the ice and snow the weight of that pulled the cover in but we are going to go and get a pump to pull the water out. We also invested in a salt water system and found that to be very worthy w/ clear water and no burning eyes in the swim season. We are keeping our fingers crossed that the pool will be ok in a few months, we love this pool.

We live in Ky. and it does get below freezing here. This is the first summer we have had the pool and also have the Saltwater System and love it. We are not looking forward to taking the pool down and putting it back up, hard on bad backs. Wonder how it worked out for Missy. Also, wonder if we drained the pool to half where water is not over the plastic Input and Output parts, if it would work. Thinking of doing that and adding the winterizing chemicals.
lore

winterize easy set pool

Postby lore » Sat 06 Aug, 2011 15:57

I am in Michigan and plan on leaving my metal frame intex pool up for the winter. I even landscaped around the pool in anticipation of leaving it up year round. I don't know anyone personally who has done this, but there is a house in the neighborhood who has had theirs up for the past couple of years. I am assuming it is the same pool and therefore it was just fine. Intex says "liner can become brittle". They are just covering themselves. It is the same liner material as a regular pool. So balance the water chemicals, lower the water to below intakes, put away filter and hoses, get a pool pillow to protect from a possible collapse (not likely since you are lowering the water level), and have a pump handy to get water off of cover. Then keep the kids away from it while the water is frozen. An unnecessary bang against it will likely crack the liner. We have lots of trees, so I am using a leaf cover over the regular pool cover until all the leaves are off the trees. Then I will remove the leaf cover.
Good Luck.
rosieva

winterize easy set pool

Postby rosieva » Sun 28 Aug, 2011 17:55

Wondering how Missy's pool did.
We this was our 3rd year with the liner and while in storage a mouse ate a bit of the liner! Patching worked great! But I think our liner's more at risk taking it down and storing it than attempting to winterize.

Anyone else "been there and done that"?

Return to “Liner & Above Ground Pools”