Other uses for old pool?

Construction or upgrading of new or existing
swimming pools. Pool building materials and
miscellaneous construction techniques.
SherrinF

Other uses for old pool?

Postby SherrinF » Fri 20 Apr, 2007 08:59

I'm considering buying a house that has a winterized inground pool in the back yard. The house is great and very affordable, but I don't want a pool. I have no idea yet what the pool is made out of or whether it's in good working order.

I've read that empty pools can "pop" from the hydrostatic pressure--how much to they pop? A few inches? Feet? The whole thing, like a cork? And if I don't care that the pool/equipment are damaged, are there other problems to be aware of? (The house is in Houston, close to the ship channel and Galveston--very sea-level--in case that makes a difference.)

Thanks. I know this probably sounds blasphemous here on a pool website, but I'm not much of a pool person and know very very little about them!
Sherrin

Re: Other uses for old pool?

Postby Guest » Thu 26 Apr, 2007 11:54

SherrinF wrote:I'm considering buying a house that has a winterized inground pool in the back yard. The house is great and very affordable, but I don't want a pool. I have no idea yet what the pool is made out of or whether it's in good working order.

I've read that empty pools can "pop" from the hydrostatic pressure--how much to they pop? A few inches? Feet? The whole thing, like a cork? And if I don't care that the pool/equipment are damaged, are there other problems to be aware of? (The house is in Houston, close to the ship channel and Galveston--very sea-level--in case that makes a difference.)

Thanks. I know this probably sounds blasphemous here on a pool website, but I'm not much of a pool person and know very very little about them!
Sherrin

what other uses.. a skate park maybe? a coy pond?

If you don't want a pool find a contractor and pay them to just fill it in..

Return to “Building, Construction & Rebuilds”