LOTS OF DEAD ALGAE ON POOL BOTTOM

Algae problems in swimming pool water.
Green (cloudy) water or slimy pool walls.
Black algae. Mustard algae. Pink or white pool mold.
GREENEYDMOM123

LOTS OF DEAD ALGAE ON POOL BOTTOM

Postby GREENEYDMOM123 » Mon 18 Jun, 2007 08:57

My pool was very green and after shocking and adjusting ph/alklinity the water had normal levels but was still green. Put in floc and all algae dropped to bottom and water was crystal clear on top. When I went in to vacuum after being in pool 5 minutes the algae was so stirred up the water was green again and couldnt see bottom to vacuum. I was just vacuuming using filter on regular setting because I cannot vacuum to waste because I would lose way to much water in the time it would take to remove all the algae. Is there any way to get rid of dead algae without vacuuming. I currently have the pool vacuum sitting on the bottom of the pool so it will hopefully drain the algae from the bottom.
This is the second year with the pool and I had no problems last year. Please help.

Backglass
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Re: LOTS OF DEAD ALGAE ON POOL BOTTOM

Postby Backglass » Mon 18 Jun, 2007 13:27

GREENEYDMOM123 wrote:Is there any way to get rid of dead algae without vacuuming.

Nope...unless you want to buy a bunch of catfish. :lol:

You will have to either stir it all up and let the filter get it via the skimmer or use the vacuum. You just have to move very slowly and gently, as you have come to realize. You don't have to vacuum to waste, you can filter it but you will have to backwash a lot.

Unfortunately, there isn't any other way.
Buggsw
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby Buggsw » Mon 18 Jun, 2007 22:32

If it's still green it's probably still alive. You need to shock higher and/or longer.

When you vacuum, you will have to go very slow.

Return to “Pool Algae & Green Pool Water”