KREEPY CRAWLER PROBLEM

Water bugs, swimming insects and sweat bees. Foaming bubbly water. Frogs swimming in the pool. Dead animals in the swimming pool.

KREEPY CRAWLER PROBLEM

Postby PaulInOntario » Tue 07 Jun, 2005 09:58

My pool is an inground 16 x 32 cleaned by a kreepy crawler. It has 9 hose sections; one sleeve, & 3 weights. The problem is it never goes in the deep end of the pool, the suction is good. Any ideas on how to resolve this. IE: Layou, do I have enough weights/hoses etc. Tks.
PaulInOntario
Pool Newbie
Pool Newbie

KREEPY CRAWLER PROBLEM

Postby Gov » Wed 08 Jun, 2005 16:38

I have found that those automatic cleaners are a waste of money...
Mine always got stuck behind my ladder, you could never leave it alone, always having to watch it...
I vacuum it myself now, only take about a half hour, then I'm done!!!
Gov
Pool Care Proficient
Pool Care Proficient

KREEPY KRAWLER

Postby PaulInOntario » Wed 08 Jun, 2005 19:55

Good point about the auto cleaners. I usually use the waste position when vaccuming so any dirt by passes the filter & goes directly on to the lawn, but I have to add water each time. Is this the best setting to use when vaccuming?
PaulInOntario
Pool Newbie
Pool Newbie

Krawler stops moving

Postby Eldredjames » Fri 05 Aug, 2005 07:52

Hey, my Kreepy Krawler stopped moving. Lots of suction, but it just sits there kissing the bottom. It used to pulsate somehow so it would move.

Any suggestions?

By the way, it has done an excellent job for the past year. I have no ladder and only need to sweep the shallow end wall and steps.

Jim
Eldredjames

Re: Krawler stops moving

Postby Pool User » Tue 15 Jan, 2008 11:42

Eldredjames wrote:Hey, my Kreepy Krawler stopped moving. Lots of suction, but it just sits there kissing the bottom. It used to pulsate somehow so it would move.

Any suggestions?

By the way, it has done an excellent job for the past year. I have no ladder and only need to sweep the shallow end wall and steps.

Jim
Pool User

kreepy crawler

Postby mr_clean » Tue 15 Jan, 2008 14:19

Hey, my Kreepy Krawler stopped moving. Lots of suction, but it just sits there kissing the bottom. It used to pulsate somehow so it would move.

Any suggestions?

check the foot pad thats on the bottom of it, they will wear down & become flat & the suction will make them stick to floor.
Also check for debris stuck inside hole where flapper is which makes the ticking sound.
If it still does not move check gauge on filter if it's high clean filter/backwash as it will slow down when it's to high even though when kk is unpluged it seems strong.
mr_clean
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Kreepy Krawlers getting stuck

Postby Barney » Sat 22 Mar, 2008 10:25

I have a valve that lets me move toward more skimming vs more suction, when I moved it toward more skimming, the Crawler really started to move.
Barney

Kreepy crawler

Postby tprlarry » Sat 29 Mar, 2008 07:50

I have been using a Hayward Navigator and it has been a gem! Nonstop daily use in a FL pool and has never given me one bit of trouble. Neighbor's Kreepy seems to be on the deck apart more than in the water swimming.
tprlarry
Pool Newbie
Pool Newbie

Kreepy crawler

Postby muss08 » Sat 29 Mar, 2008 16:31

Try a leafmaster for vacuuming. If you want to splurge buy a PowerVac. Leafmasters are cheaper and use a garden hose to create suction into a mesh bag. PowerVac uses an impeller to create suction into a mesh bag.
muss08
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Kreepy Krawler

Postby jpenny » Fri 05 Jun, 2009 20:51

PaulInOntario wrote:Good point about the auto cleaners. I usually use the waste position when vaccuming so any dirt by passes the filter & goes directly on to the lawn, but I have to add water each time. Is this the best setting to use when vaccuming?

NO just vacuum it in reg circulation
jpenny

[Show] Post a reply

Next

Return to General Pool Water Problems

Pool Maintenance   •   Pool Wizard   •   Pool Help   •   Havuz Bakımı