Other uses for old pool?

Forum dedicated to the construction or upgrading of new or existing swimming pools. Pictures of your builds are welcome.

Other uses for old pool?

Postby SherrinF » Fri 20 Apr, 2007 08:59

I'm considering buying a house that has a winterized inground pool in the back yard. The house is great and very affordable, but I don't want a pool. I have no idea yet what the pool is made out of or whether it's in good working order.

I've read that empty pools can "pop" from the hydrostatic pressure--how much to they pop? A few inches? Feet? The whole thing, like a cork? And if I don't care that the pool/equipment are damaged, are there other problems to be aware of? (The house is in Houston, close to the ship channel and Galveston--very sea-level--in case that makes a difference.)

Thanks. I know this probably sounds blasphemous here on a pool website, but I'm not much of a pool person and know very very little about them!
Sherrin
SherrinF

Re: Other uses for old pool?

Postby Pool User » Thu 26 Apr, 2007 11:54

SherrinF wrote:I'm considering buying a house that has a winterized inground pool in the back yard. The house is great and very affordable, but I don't want a pool. I have no idea yet what the pool is made out of or whether it's in good working order.

I've read that empty pools can "pop" from the hydrostatic pressure--how much to they pop? A few inches? Feet? The whole thing, like a cork? And if I don't care that the pool/equipment are damaged, are there other problems to be aware of? (The house is in Houston, close to the ship channel and Galveston--very sea-level--in case that makes a difference.)

Thanks. I know this probably sounds blasphemous here on a pool website, but I'm not much of a pool person and know very very little about them!
Sherrin

what other uses.. a skate park maybe? a coy pond?

If you don't want a pool find a contractor and pay them to just fill it in..
Pool User

[Show] Post a reply

Return to Building, Construction & Rebuilds

Pool Maintenance   •   Pool Wizard   •   Pool Help   •   Havuz Bakımı