Baqua Pure Filter

Pool pumps, filters and the plumbing of swimming pools. Problems relating to the piping and pumping of the swimming pool water.

Baqua Pure Filter

Postby Pool User » Tue 08 May, 2007 16:41

We have just bought a home that came with an 30' pool. We have no owners manuel and would like to know how to replace the sand in the filter.
Pool User

Postby Hotfire » Tue 08 May, 2007 21:59

Do a Google search for Baqua Pure. The owner's manual is readily available in a pdf file.

I have the same filter and got the manual off the internet yesterday.

Hotfire
Hotfire
Pool Newbie
Pool Newbie

Cleaning Sand Filter

Postby Baqua User » Tue 05 Jun, 2007 22:13

I have the same question and found the manual on the internet. It does however only give a breakdown of the parts and not how to remove the old sand. Does the drain at the bottom serve a pupose in this process?
Baqua User

pool pump

Postby AC2FST » Thu 22 May, 2008 18:25

my pump work great last year and this year it will not work. Maybe you can help me, my pump seems to kick on (real loud) but will not pump water . PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!
AC2FST

Re: pool pump

Postby Pool User » Thu 22 May, 2008 18:33

AC2FST wrote:my pump work great last year and this year it will not work. Maybe you can help me, my pump seems to kick on (real loud) but will not pump water . PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!
let me no if i need a pump r can i fix it? thanx
Pool User

Re: Cleaning Sand Filter

Postby Pool User » Sun 25 May, 2008 15:02

Baqua User wrote:I have the same question and found the manual on the internet. It does however only give a breakdown of the parts and not how to remove the old sand. Does the drain at the bottom serve a pupose in this process?
Pool User

Baqua Pure Sand Filter

Postby lageren » Sun 25 May, 2008 17:59

I have the same question, can ANYONE assist?? We are trying to change the sand in our filter. I searched for the owners manual which should tell you how to change the sand but it does not. Any other suggestions?

Thank you
Linda
lageren
Pool Newbie
Pool Newbie

Changing the pool sand

Postby bm052857 » Sun 25 May, 2008 21:35

In order to change the sand if you can get your hand on a "green machine" your life will be much better. You have to unhook the top valve and waterlines from the blue ball, remove the black cap at the bottom and let the water drain out. Then use the "green machine" (a type of wet/dry vac with a small hose) to suck out the sand. The white pipe in the middle is attached to several "fingers" in the bottom of the blue ball. If you do not have a wet/dry vac you can do what I did the first time; remove one handful at a time until you can turn the ball over and bang it on the bottom until all the sand comes out. Rinse the old sand out then replace the white tube in the bottom, use the round black plate with holes in it to cover the top of the white tube and pour in your new sand. Replace the black cap on the blue ball and hook everything back up. It takes a while to do so be sure to allow several hours and make sure you get the o-rings back in the hoses before you hook everything back up. Good Luck!
bm052857

Cracked 26" baqua pure tank

Postby grace » Fri 30 May, 2008 12:09

I have a 26" Baqua Pure tank that has a crack in it. Recreational Wharehouse says that this product is notorious for cracks. Has anyone else had this problem and how long was your warranty on your filter?
grace

Postby carolinablonde » Sat 31 May, 2008 16:26

I have a 22" baqua pure "big blue ball" from Rec Warehouse. Out of curiosity.....do you live in a cold climate and do you winterize your pool? I live in North Carolina and the pool maintenance fellow from a different pool supplier told me NOT to winterize and to run the filter for a couple of hours every night during months it's not in use. He said this will keep the parts moving and keep water filtering through the pump and filter. It will prevent freeze, plus prevent the parts from "seizing up". I did not know the filter was notorious for cracking. If I had to replace my filter, I'd probably opt for one that splits in the middle (I believe the Hayward is made this way). It's easier to change the sand when you need to.
carolinablonde

[Show] Post a reply

Next

Return to Pool Pumps, Filters, Plumbing & Piping

Pool Maintenance   •   Pool Wizard   •   Pool Help   •   Havuz Bakımı