CLOUDY BLUE WATER!!

Causes and cures for cloudy swimming pool water. Milky pool water, white, pink, brown, purple, black cloudy water.

cloudy water

Postby pooly frustrated » Mon 03 Jul, 2006 14:45

And oh yeah, checked sand filter and it looked ok.
pooly frustrated

Postby Pool User » Tue 04 Jul, 2006 07:26

I had all the same problems and still had cloudy water. STOP all the treatments and turn down the chlorine which is probably causing the cloud.In the panic trying to clear the pool, we run the filter non-stop which in turn adds way too much chlorine(chlorinator)which causes the cloud. I vacumn every morning and backwash till clear. Yesterday I turned the chlorinator down to almost off and this morning I could see the bottom. Now I'm gonna leave it off for the day and let the sun do a job on the chlorine and I'll bet money that she'll clear up. Too much chemicals fattens up the cash register and clouds up your pool.
Pool User

Postby Pool User » Wed 05 Jul, 2006 08:55

not crystal clear yet but clear enough. Cutting back on chlorine worked.
Pool User

Postby Pool User » Wed 05 Jul, 2006 20:46

it's crystal clear now.
Pool User

hope this helps.

Postby ken101 » Sun 09 Jul, 2006 15:30

Floc might work one year and not the next. It's a hit and miss thing. After 5 years of hit and miss I found the best thing that works great. go to intheswim - it's called Miraclear. it's a gel shell just put it in a skimmer basket run pump. And it'll clear up cloudy water. You may have to use more then one. but it works great watch your pump you'll need to backwash a little more often then normal. my local pool company sells them and quite carrying floc.
ken101
Pool Newbie
Pool Newbie

Postby partlycloudy » Tue 11 Jul, 2006 20:07

I had all the same problems and still had cloudy water. STOP all the treatments and turn down the chlorine which is probably causing the cloud.In the panic trying to clear the pool, we run the filter non-stop which in turn adds way too much chlorine(chlorinator)which causes the cloud. I vacumn every morning and backwash till clear. Yesterday I turned the chlorinator down to almost off and this morning I could see the bottom. Now I'm gonna leave it off for the day and let the sun do a job on the chlorine and I'll bet money that she'll clear up. Too much chemicals fattens up the cash register and clouds up your pool.

pooluser: you are my new hero

I'd been off on holiday, came home to a cruddy pool, got everything back in balance but I couldn't get the cloudiness to go away. Racked my brain endlesssly. Like yours, the pool pump runs continuously so I turned down the chlorine feeder (always thought the more the better....wrong-o!) to low.

next day: gorgeous water the day after: clear as it has ever been

thanks! never would have thought that less is indeed better
partlycloudy

Postby Pool User » Thu 13 Jul, 2006 20:46

we panic with the filter and the testing, all the while we keep dumping crap in the pool. The guys at the pool store just keep slapping you on the back while handing you another 20 dollar bottle of junk. I shocked yesterday, first time since it happened and everything is fine.
Pool User

Me, too

Postby eric » Mon 17 Jul, 2006 12:30

Cloudy water here, too. When we opened this spring, the water was crystal clear - only 1 leaf at the bottom. Filled & was fine until a couple days ago. Water kept getting cloudier so, naturally, I kept turning up the chlorine & running the filter more. After backwashing yesterday & today, I finally turned the chlorinator down all the way & shut off the filter. Hopefully I'll see an improvement before we have to put the solar cover back on while it rains.
eric

Blue cloudy water

Postby MineralMan » Tue 18 Jul, 2006 13:05

What he said about the pH lowering to 7.2 will often clear up cloudy blue water. Just muriatic acid from the hardware store and problem is gone. I have found this to work over and over again.

MM
MineralMan

Re: Me, too

Postby Pool User » Fri 21 Jul, 2006 07:18

eric wrote:Cloudy water here, too. When we opened this spring, the water was crystal clear - only 1 leaf at the bottom. Filled & was fine until a couple days ago. Water kept getting cloudier so, naturally, I kept turning up the chlorine & running the filter more. After backwashing yesterday & today, I finally turned the chlorinator down all the way & shut off the filter. Hopefully I'll see an improvement before we have to put the solar cover back on while it rains.

don't shut the filter off, just the chlorinator. Wait for chlorine levels to lower and vacumn and backwash often
Pool User

[Show] Post a reply

PreviousNext

Return to Cloudy Pool Water

Pool Maintenance   •   Pool Wizard   •   Pool Help   •   Havuz Bakımı