Need help with Intex saltwater system!

Automatic pool cleaners, vacuum heads, pool covers,
decks, fencing, pool alarms and security ....
jwemt81
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby jwemt81 » Sat 20 Jun, 2009 12:39

We have a saltwater filter and pump system made by Intex for our above ground pool. We had a very heavy rain storm last night and when we went outside this morning the pmup LED was flashing a red service light and it won't turn on and will eventually shut itself off. We tried resetting it, making sure it wasn't clogged, etc., but the service LED keeps flashing and the pump still won't turn on and function. I have filed a warranty claim with Intex since the pump is only a month old, but I still am determined to fix this one, especially since it's going to take at least a week to receive a replacement. Does anyone have any advice or ideas about how to fix this?

NeedHelp

Postby NeedHelp » Fri 09 Jul, 2010 10:01

Remove 4 screws and lift the electronic cove off to the right side. In the left rear will be the pump relay circuit board, this board carries high and low voltage. The black mini pump relay is controlled by low voltage and switches high voltage to run the pump and the high voltage pump wire is a white wire plugged onto the relay board. Obtain a duel spade push on adapter that will allow 2 wires to be plugged onto 1 spade. With the power off, unplug the white pump wire from the relay, just to the left on this board is primary high voltage, 2 white, 2 black and several green grounds. Remove 1 of the white power wires and push on the new duel spade connector, then plug both white wires back onto this connector. Plug in or power up the system to verify the pump runs, and re-secure the cover.
This modification will allow the pump to run independently from the chlorination time cycle and only stop when you shut down the system when you are through using the pool each day. It made no sense for Intex to turn the pump off after the chlorination cycle stopped. This would cause extra programming to run the pump only each day. Intex’s Support states that a pools filter pump should run each day for extended period of time for the best water quality.
I have a master GFI switch on my patio, each day I use the pool I flip the switch on, the pump comes on, the chlorination cycle begins, after 3 hours the chlorination cycle stops and the pump runs continually until I’m through using the pool for the day and flip the switch off. This allows for no reprogramming for pump run only each day. What was Intex thinking on this model?
NormBarrie

Postby NormBarrie » Tue 22 Mar, 2011 13:42

I have a similar problem. My system shut off and is literally dead.. no led at all and flipping the switch on and off does nothing. Would this fix my problem as well?
jon waldrep

Postby jon waldrep » Tue 12 Apr, 2011 12:34

Had the same problem with power and found that it was just the power switch! Connected the 2 grounds and its fine now :lol:
Annoyed

Postby Annoyed » Thu 05 May, 2011 23:12

Do you think this would fix our problem? Our system powers on, pump runs and then shuts off after a few minutes. But with ours the lights stay on its the pump that powers off. Please help if you can as intex could care less. thanks soo much.
NormBarrie

Postby NormBarrie » Wed 18 May, 2011 09:50

I still have no power going to my pool pump.. it's totally dead.. any help would be appreciated.
NormBarrie

Postby NormBarrie » Thu 19 May, 2011 12:09

I'd like to start a Facebook page regarding these products.. anyone interested?
Cindy

Postby Cindy » Mon 30 May, 2011 05:36

NormBarrie wrote:I still have no power going to my pool pump.. it's totally dead.. any help would be appreciated.

Mine did the same thing yesterday-it's totally dead. Filter pump is working but I've got nothing on the saltwater system pump. I've had it for 2 weeks. Guess I'll call Intex tomorrow, but what do I do until then?
Cindy Virginia

Postby Cindy Virginia » Mon 30 May, 2011 09:28

We purchased the Intex Saltwater system as well. We have turned it on for the first time and it shows a green light working. Has the allotted hours set. The systems appears to begin working. Then the service light flashes red. We have unplugged it completely. Checked the Flow Sensor, Copper Electrodes and Electrolytic Cell. The flow from the pool filter is very good. Nothing blocking the hoses, etc. Turned it back on, set it again according to directions. Sounds like it wants to come on, then back to the blinking service light again. We are wondering now, what to do now. There is 290 lbs of salt in the pool that is completely dissolved and circulated. And since it is Monday, a holiday, am wondering if they will be open to answer calls. Waiting patiently for their "pacific" time, since we are on the east coast. I suppose won't be TOTALLY shocked if they are closed, but seems like a bad day for that. Kind of like a florist being closed on Valentines Day. Their 800-234-6839 does not indicate that they are closed for the holiday. We will see and update this post later.
Thanks!
Cindy Virginia

Postby Cindy Virginia » Tue 31 May, 2011 08:09

Update, took back the Intex Saltwater system and EXCHANGED it. Let it run overnight for 8 hours on Boost. Which means we set it for 2 hours to run, hit the boost button, which quadruples running time. So it ran for 8 hours. Got up this morning, and pool looks the same, not crystal clear like the manual says. This pool has been filling up with water since Mother's Day. We filled it slow due to a well. Now the pool is full, has the salt in it, properly dissolved. We are going to run the Saltwater system for the next 8 hours to see if this helps. This is most certainly not the easiest system to get started FOR SURE. We are loving the salt idea, and not having to buy chemicals all the time. I am hoping to post soon that it was a huge success, and that PATIENCE may win. But again, not an easy set up at all.
Thanks for reading!
leo

Postby leo » Tue 21 Jun, 2011 11:17

My saltwater pool filter has a problem. You start it up and it states "low flow" and shuts back off.
Pellet

Postby Pellet » Wed 29 Jun, 2011 09:02

Got the new sand filter saltwater system combo. First unit was dead out of the box. Replacement unit flashes 91, (low salt) withing seconds of starting. Has anyone lowered the salt calibration on this unit? Resistor labeling and controls are different in this unit than the 8110.
randi_w00

Postby randi_w00 » Sat 02 Jul, 2011 14:51

where can you find a cheap saltwater pump ?? :?
beulah

Postby beulah » Sat 09 Jul, 2011 10:19

We have the Krystal Clear Saltwater System Model CS8110. It isn't turning on. There is no pump on this unit...it connects to our pump. Any suggestions for repair on this unit? It is a year old and was functioning fine. No flood or unusual occurrences to explain a problem.

Postby Guest » Fri 29 Jul, 2011 19:57

if the system is saying low flow,the pump isn't pushing the water hard enough through the salt system.Make sure you keep the filter clean.If this doesn't correct the problem you'll need a larger pump!

Return to “Pool Equipment & Other Pool Maintenance”